how to transfer from phone-comp

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey there new just got the nexus 6 a few days back and had a galaxy s4. With the s4 I could take pics, movies I have downloaded and put them right on my comp. I can't see any of the files on this phone is there a way I can change this?

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
What exactly are you trying to move? Have you tried other types of files? All i do is plug in my phone with USB, open up a File Explorer window and cut, copy/paste or whatever. The only thing to this point that I have done is pretty straight forward, moving from phone to computer some pics and vids from DCIM. I haven't tried to move downloaded items etc. I see you indicate you can look at the phones files and open them, but there are no items viewable in the folders. I wonder if the computer is blocking access for some crazy reason, like sensing something that involves Rights Management, or some Firewall issue.....

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It should work correctly, for instance, when you want to copy photos from phone to pc, you would:

1. Connect phone to usb - phone will show in device manager and you should be able to double click it to open its folders, go to step (3), BUT there is chance it will be empty, showing nothing - in that case go to step (2).
2. Unlock the phone and wait a moment, all files should show on pc now (power button + swipe up/pattern/password/whatever lock you are using)
3. Go to DCIM, you should see all the camera folders you have.

Noteworthy folders:
DCIM - Digital Camera Images, everything you took with your camera apps
Download - where everything you downloaded went
Music, Movies, Documents - where you should put your music, movies and documents
Pictures - pictures (including screenshoots) go there
Notificiations/Ringtones - where you put mp3s for notification/ringtone sounds

Also, while browsing your device you are limited to what you can do - it is best to copy the files from phone to computer and try opening them from there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781