Widgets won't uninstall

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled the AccuWeather app from my phone but the widgets from the app remain. Anyone seen this before? I have restarted my phone and they are gone. But this happens again for other apps with widgets. Any way to prevent this from happening?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 88

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled the AccuWeather app from my phone but the widgets from the app remain. Anyone seen this before? I have restarted my phone and they are gone. But this happens again for other apps with widgets. Any way to prevent this from happening?

I haven't seen that issue. But then again, I haven't had a situation that would give me the opportunity to check. I'll see if I can test it later on today.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that fact that I can't even install another widget that I've downloaded is really bothering me.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
restart the phone.....should work afterwards... mine did the same thing.

I restarted my phone and that solved the issue temporarily. I'm trying to find a widget that I will like. Every time I install one and I don't like it I uninstall and the same issue arises. I shouldn't have to restart my phone just to be able to use a different weather widget. Anyone else have any suggestions.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Clear the cache before uninstalling?

radgatt's point, which I 100% agree with, is that he/she shouldn't have to go through such procedures. If it is affecting more than just their device, then it's 100% a bug that should be addressed.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I agree, something is not right and it should not be difficult to remove a widget. OP has restarted with success and I'd not seen where the cache was cleared in the effort. While not a panacea it's always worth a try.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Clearing cache in recovery mode hasn't solved this issue either. I have actually done a factory reset and this issue remains. Not sure what else to try.

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing. When either installing or uninstalling apps with widgets I've needed to restart to have them appear/disappear from the widget screen. I wish I had a better option, but for now I haven't found any except the restart.

Sweet Pikake

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Clearing cache in recovery mode hasn't solved this issue either. I have actually done a factory reset and this issue remains. Not sure what else to try.

I think that's a native app. My phone has never been reset. As is from Motorola

pjsnyc

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I restarted my phone and that solved the issue temporarily. I'm trying to find a widget that I will like. Every time I install one and I don't like it I uninstall and the same issue arises. I shouldn't have to restart my phone just to be able to use a different weather widget. Anyone else have any suggestions.

Just a weather app suggestion here -Weather Timeline. Coats money but its the best weather app I've used in a while. Awesome widgets too

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
radgatt, I never got a chance to test this like I mentioned I would. Admittedly, I completely forgot. Now that 5.1 is out, could you please let us know if you experience the same behavior after you've updated?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
After I sideloaded 5.1 I noticed i was missing widgets, and a lot of the different sized ones were missing. I did'nt try the re boot, but i'll try it now.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
radgatt, I never got a chance to test this like I mentioned I would. Admittedly, I completely forgot. Now that 5.1 is out, could you please let us know if you experience the same behavior after you've updated?

I will test this again later on.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
the re boot brought back ALL of my widgets. The list went from 5 pages to 10. That seems like a weird bug.

Right now I have AccuWeather installed. I had BeWeather installed prior but uninstalled and the BeWeather widgets remain. Now I know that once I restart my phone they will disappear but I just don't think I should have to do this each time.

Attachments

• 1666.jpg
    1666.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 21

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have AccuWeather installed. I had BeWeather installed prior but uninstalled and the BeWeather widgets remain. Now I know that once I restart my phone they will disappear but I just don't think I should have to do this each time.

I totally agree with you. Sounds like another lollipop bug.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol