Received 5.1 Update OTA? Post here!

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes I know we can sideload it and all that, but this thread is for those that are choosing to wait for the OTA to come.

Posted via the Android Central App

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Is it up to the carrier to send it out or can you get it from Google via Wifi?

If I have to wait for Verizon I may as well learn how to side load it.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is it up to the carrier to send it out or can you get it from Google via Wifi?

If I have to wait for Verizon I may as well learn how to side load it.

For the Nexus phones Google sends it out.

One thing I miss from having an HTC is as soon as you know it's there you can check for the update and it'll be there, or you can wait for it to get pushed to you. With the Galaxies and with the Nexus you have to wait for it to get sent to your phone. Seems I was always on the tail end of that.

slik6996

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly this is ******* ridiculous how long does it really take for this update to come out when its out for all the other old Nexus devices not trying to sideload either shouldn't have to do that

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly this is ******* ridiculous how long does it really take for this update to come out when its out for all the other old Nexus devices not trying to sideload either shouldn't have to do that

Its staged. So it does not brick a device. You could always just sideload it with wugfresh toolkit. I did that, and I don't know a damn thing about flashing lol

mcdill

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just to double-check, I don't need a SIM in order to get the OTA, right?

My SIM is currently in another phone at the moment.

Jon Tessler

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

Well my fiancee has a nexus 5, and hasn't gotten the update yet, so your statement is patently false.

biodorkus

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Nexus 5 (T-Mobile) here, and received the OTA 5.1 update Thurs. evening (3/12). Was working well except having issues now with Textra and pics sent by others showing up as oddly formatted text and app crashing.