When I tried to sideload 5.1, it got stuck on the Google lock screen. How can I move past this?

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Help! Tried to sideload 5.1 and stuck on Google lock screen

So i flashed the stock image and sideloaded 5.1 via WugFresh. Everything went fine and the phone told me i had to reboot it. I did and it sat on the google lock screen for way too long. I am able to hold down power button and volume and get back into recovery mode but the same thing keeps happening: stuck on the lockscreen. Where did i go wrong and what can i do?
thank you in advance!:'(

ps how do i respond to answers?

Last edited:

Funkpod

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Help! Tried to sideload 5.1 and stuck on Google lock screen

I don't know if I can help you, probably not, but did you flash this?

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site

i did everything through WugFresh. I first flashed the stock image for 5.1 and then proceeded to sideload the ota through them with the update coming from Android Central's link. Everything went well until it told me to reboot system and now i am sitting on the google lockscreen

Shenron

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

i did everything through WugFresh. I first flashed the stock image for 5.1 and then proceeded to sideload the ota through them with the update coming from Android Central's link. Everything went well until it told me to reboot system and now i am sitting on the google lockscreen

If you flashed 5.1 then there was no need to sideload the OTA update. It's redundant.

I used wugfresh as well but I flashed 5.01 because you need to have a clean version of stock with stock recovery before you can sideload the update.

Posted via the Android Central App

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site

i thought i was supposed to flash 5.0.1 also but someone here said i should flash the image that i am going to be heading to. when i flashed the image of 5.1 it said it had to optimize apps and then when i looked at "about phone" it said 5.1 but how is that possible if i did not update the actual software rather just the image? sorry if it sound stupid

Shenron

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

i thought i was supposed to flash 5.0.1 also but someone here said i should flash the image that i am going to be heading to. when i flashed the image of 5.1 it said it had to optimize apps and then when i looked at "about phone" it said 5.1 but how is that possible if i did not update the actual software rather just the image? sorry if it sound stupid

No worries. Sounds like you got some wrong info. All phones are shipped with a clean image of the software. When you flash an updated image it's almost like getting a new phone. So when you checked the version and saw 5.1 you didn't need to do anything else.

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site

so that was instead of sideloading the ota? i just had to flash the new image?

Shenron

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

so that was instead of sideloading the ota? i just had to flash the new image?

Yes you only needed to do one or the other. When I used wugfresh I only had the zip file of the OTA so I used that plus I didn't want to wipe my phone which will happen if you flash the new image (again like starting with a new phone).

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site

actually WugFresh can flash the image and keep your data which i am retrying right now

Shenron

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

actually WugFresh can flash the image and keep your data which i am retrying right now

Yes you're right. That was the option I used when I flashed back to stock.

Let me know if that works.

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I am going to post this in all four and end it here because i believe i fixed the problem.
Originally i was led to believe that I needed to flash the image in order to sideload the ota. i did not know that they were one and the same. Because of that, i am assuming that i loaded an update ontop up an update (yep lol i am a dumbass for that). When everyone here told me that they were the same thing, i simply went back into WugFresh and reflashed the 5.1 image. My phone is now up and running with the "About Phone" saying "Android 5.1".
I want to seriously thank everyone here for helping me out with this problem. I really could not have done it without you guys and it makes me proud to be a part of this great community! Thank you again for all your help and looking forward to helping others like you have helped me! Have a great sunday everyone!

Shenron

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

I am going to post this in all four and end it here because i believe i fixed the problem.
Originally i was led to believe that I needed to flash the image in order to sideload the ota. i did not know that they were one and the same. Because of that, i am assuming that i loaded an update ontop up an update (yep lol i am a dumbass for that). When everyone here told me that they were the same thing, i simply went back into WugFresh and reflashed the 5.1 image. My phone is now up and running with the "About Phone" saying "Android 5.1".
I want to seriously thank everyone here for helping me out with this problem. I really could not have done it without you guys and it makes me proud to be a part of this great community! Thank you again for all your help and looking forward to helping others like you have helped me! Have a great sunday everyone!

You're welcome. Glad it worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz