I want to buy a 64GB Nexus 6 I'm on Verizon.

SaltyBrine

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So I currently have a Samsung Note 2 I like the phone but I'm interested in getting a Nexus 6 specifically the 64 GB version I'm eligible for an upgrade next month. I know I can get it from Google or Motorola directly but I'm on Verizon and I don't see the option other than the 32 GB model again I could get it but I have too much stuff on my phone. Is the tech in Verizon ' s version the same as the 64 GB version? If so then would the system know if I just swapped the Sim cards?

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
First, I am sorry to hear you are on Verizon. I left them after 20 years of off and on (last couple years) between them and AT&T. Finally got fed up with Verizon's slow data speeds, poor selection in devices and garbage apps pre-loaded. AT&T isn't much better at pre-loaded apps but that is what a Nexus is for.

That said, I was going to get my Nexus on AT&T and just roll until I saw the carriers do not offer the 64GB version and no way am I getting 32GB. So I ordered from Motorola directly and got it in a few days.

So here is the question, when I goto Motorola's site and plug in 64GB (midnight blue, it's what I got) and the specs say

Networks
GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA+, 4G LTE

Bands
Americas Model (XT1103)
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
CDMA (800, 1900, secondary 800 MHz)
WCDMA (1, 2, 4, 5, 8)
LTE (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 29, 41)
CA DL (B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29)

So why can't you get one for Verizon, the CDMA and LTE are there. Is Verizon saying they won't accept a BYOD with a Nexus 6 64GB that you must buy it from them even though their bands are supported? I would call and ask tech support, don't trust a store rep or an online rep. I see no reason why you can't but caveat emptor.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
You can get your own device. I did just that and moved my Sim over to my Nexus.

As far as space goes you can grab a 64gb and use it. I did that originally with the Droid turbo but found I wasn't using half due to cloud storage.

I have gone music setup at home so all of my music is in the cloud. I download from Google music what I want on my device directly so if I'm off line or out I'm not streaming. So I got a 32gb Nexus (midnight blue) after seeing what was happening with my Droid. I also have a note 4 with a 64gb card in it and looked and that was 10gbs of music max.

My tablet downloads the movies I want and my Nexus rolls with me every day without any space issues. My Note stays home on the table and my Turbo is growing dust too. Bottom line don't worry about the space as much as the phone. It always works out.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
First, I am sorry to hear you are on Verizon. I left them after 20 years of off and on (last couple years) between them and AT&T. Finally got fed up with Verizon's slow data speeds, poor selection in devices and garbage apps pre-loaded. AT&T isn't much better at pre-loaded apps but that is what a Nexus is for.

That said, I was going to get my Nexus on AT&T and just roll until I saw the carriers do not offer the 64GB version and no way am I getting 32GB. So I ordered from Motorola directly and got it in a few days.

So here is the question, when I goto Motorola's site and plug in 64GB (midnight blue, it's what I got) and the specs say

Networks
GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA+, 4G LTE

Bands
Americas Model (XT1103)
GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
CDMA (800, 1900, secondary 800 MHz)
WCDMA (1, 2, 4, 5, 8)
LTE (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 17, 25, 26, 29, 41)
CA DL (B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29)

So why can't you get one for Verizon, the CDMA and LTE are there. Is Verizon saying they won't accept a BYOD with a Nexus 6 64GB that you must buy it from them even though their bands are supported? I would call and ask tech support, don't trust a store rep or an online rep. I see no reason why you can't but caveat emptor.

I have a 64gb midnight blue on Verizon. Had it for over two months! I don't know where you heard they Verizon is being restrictive. I live in a pretty big city (Baltimore) and get 70 down and 30 up. When I upgraded to 5.1 Verizon put in their "my Verizon" app and visual voicemail. I am fully able to delete both of them.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I think different stores are different. I walked into a Verizon store, handed them my Google Play Nexus 64 GB and they activated it and make sure it's working for me.

It is labeled as a non Verizon device and I know I have to do upgrade myself. I'm not really concerned about it.

Sent from my Google N6 on VZ

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I think different stores are different. I walked into a Verizon store, handed them my Google Play Nexus 64 GB and they activated it and make sure it's working for me.

It is labeled as a non Verizon device and I know I have to do upgrade myself. I'm not really concerned about it.

Sent from my Google N6 on VZ

I called customer service and told them I just wanted to activate a Sim card. They gave me a few minutes of trouble but then did it for me and everything went fine

audio6996

May 6, 2013
Visit site
TMobile has 64gb Nexus6. They will buy out your contract and phone. I have much better service now and a lower bill. I do not know where you are but maybe you can get some feedback from other Tmobile users where you live to see it its worth considering changing carriers.I live in Nassau County NY.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I came from a note 2 also. This is the best phone ever. Verizon is going to give you a hassle and you will have to call every month to continue to get your discounts but it is so worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App