Daydreaming!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's working on mine (M build).... I'm looking at the analog clock as I write this actually.

I have noticed that if I turn it off with the power button, daydream won't fire. But just letting it time out on its own, daydream works.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Am I daydreaming or do none of the daydreaming options work since 5.1? Any suggestions?

Posted via the Android Central App

Settings>display>daydream

Menu button>when to daydream

Three options: when docked, when charging, or either

Worked for me and I'm on 5.1

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Settings>display>daydream

Menu button>when to daydream

Three options: when docked, when charging, or either

Worked for me and I'm on 5.1

Aaahh nevermind! I'm dumb! Lol! I forgot that I factory reset my phone before I updated to 5.1 and I suppose the daydream setting did not restore itself. It's working just fine thanks everyone!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Aaahh nevermind! I'm dumb! Lol! I forgot that I factory reset my phone before I updated to 5.1 and I suppose the daydream setting did not restore itself. It's working just fine thanks everyone!

Good to hear you got everything working properly.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what "docked" means. Even on my wireless charge dock it only works if I have "either" turned on.

Some phones have docking stations that the phone can be placed on while charging. Have it set up and use it like an alarm clock. My guess is that your daydream only works in either is because when it charges it's not plugged up. Normally charging would be with the phone plugged up but since yours isn't plugged in it will only work while on the charging pad. I bet that when you plug it in it will go to daydream mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith