Nexus 6 (Verizon) Google Camera Application Missing Manual-Exposure Slider/Control

GolferChris68

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I enabled "Manual Exposure" in the Advanced section of Settings in Google Camera running on my Verizon Nexus 6 (running Lollipop 5.1). Does anyone else have this issue? I like to be able to manually adjust the exposure when taking photos, and this kills that in the Google Camera application running on Lollipop 5.1 on my Nexus 6. Seems like a bug. Thoughts?

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I saw this on the other 5.1 thread as well. Someone posted it on the 28th but nobody else chimed in they had the issue.

Can the rest of you with 5.1 confirm this? Was planning on doing the unroot/sideload/re-root dance when I got the time this week, but I have no real complaints with my 6 now, and if 5.1 breaks manual exposure, I'll wait!

md308

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just confirmed on my son's Nexus 5 that after the 5.1 update manual exposure still works. Odd 5.1 breaks it on the 6 but not the 5?

Mathieau

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Just confirmed on my son's Nexus 5 that after the 5.1 update manual exposure still works. Odd 5.1 breaks it on the 6 but not the 5?
It seems a bug connected with the new nexus 6 hardware. I know that the note 4, which has the same hardware, has affected by this bug too.