AT&T Boot up jingle

Stevieboi

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way to remove the obnoxious AT&T jingle from my Nexus 6 without having to use a PC? I don't have a laptop or anything cos I is po' folk, lol. I'm sick to death of it and it is so frigging LOUD.
Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

ccates

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
There is a folder at the root called oem (/oem) that contains the boot animation zip file and all the ATT ringtones. If one were to rename or remove the bootanimation.zip folder (or the oem folder for that matter) the ATT boot animation would go away.
That /oem folder and the tramp stamp on the back are the only difference between the carrier models.

The catch is, one cannot just fiddle around with the oem folder without root access, even through adb.

You could delete it using fastboot without root, I however have not tried that method. Do some googling, there are some quality xda threads on this very thing.

Shamu to you too *splash*

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup very annoying and loud... Try dealing with it twice!!!!! I have to use a pattern because I pocket dial all the time..... So my phone boots up and that annoying at&t jingle plays I have to do my pattern then it plays it again..... My trick.... I leave my phone on.... Lol😂

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't know whether this works or not, but I read a suggestion on Google Products Forum for dealing with the AT&T jingle. Maybe the jingle won't play through the speakers if there are headphones plugged in. Of course, you don't want to walk around with headphones plugged in all the time. So the suggestion was to take old headphones and cut off the jack---then plug the jack into the phone.

Maybe someone could plug a headphone into the N6 before rebooting or turning back on the N6 and report back whether the jingle plays through the speaker. If not, it might be a work around without rooting. Ridiculous, though, that carriers force people to figure out workarounds because they force this on their customers.

NOTE: Thinking about this more, I'm concerned that doing this would mean you wouldn't hear phone calls coming in---so it wouldn't be a 24/7 sort of solution. But maybe just something to ensure no interruptions during a meeting or conference---use this when you would otherwise use the mute function on the phone (in the past, before Lollipop eliminated this useful setting).