Nexus 6 - battery drain overnight!

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've only had my Nexus 6 since Thursday but over the last few nights I've noticed that I've gone to bed and the battery percentage is around 85 but come to it in the morning and it's around 15!

As far as I can tell I've no major apps draining the battery. However wifi is on and so is Bluetooth (for my in-car connection) but in saying this, I had the same set-up with my Note 3 and its battery didn't drain like this at all (it was running 4.4.2)

What am I missing, have I done something wrong or is there an app running in the background that I can't find killing my battery life?

Cheers

Last edited:

Optimus Nexus

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you check the battery section on the phone? I had a similar issue when I was using the Galaxy Nexus back in the day and it turned out late at night it was making these weird programming calls that would last for long periods of time and drain the hell out of my phone.

So I would definitely look at the "Cell Standby" section on the phone and see of there's above normal activity.

Also, if that doesn't work, I would put the phone in Safe Mode and see how the phone acts overnight.

Keep us up to date!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Did you check the battery section on the phone? I had a similar issue when I was using the Galaxy Nexus back in the day and it turned out late at night it was making these weird programming calls that would last for long periods of time and drain the hell out of my phone.

So I would definitely look at the "Cell Standby" section on the phone and see of there's above normal activity.

Also, if that doesn't work, I would put the phone in Safe Mode and see how the phone acts overnight.

Keep us up to date!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that

Where's the Cell Standby section, looked but can't find it?!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've only had my Nexus 6 since Thursday but over the last few nights I've noticed that I've gone to bed and the battery percentage is around 85 but come to it in the morning and it's around 15!

As far as I can tell I've no major apps draining the battery. However wifi is on and so is Bluetooth (for my in-car connection) but in saying this, I had the same set-up with my Note 3 and its battery didn't drain like this at all (it was running 4.4.2)

What am I missing, have I done something wrong or is there an app running in the background that I can't find killing my battery life?

Cheers

If your phone is rooted, or you plan on rooting it, go over to XDA and search for the user Slipjacks. I was checking out reviews for the Nexus 6 on Amazon and saw his review, in which he said he did some tweaking to his co-worker's Nexus 6. I thanked him for his detailed review and asked what he did to the phone to help with the battery. He directed me over to his post on XDA. Apparently, you can do this to any Android as long as it's rooted to significantly stop idle battery drain, to less than a percent overnight, if I'm not mistaken. Apparently, it has something to do with the Google Services Framework, and things within it that are running needlessly that causes massive idle battery drain.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

mothershipload

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Do you have the latest update? My phone was draining its battery pretty quickly too (not as drastic as yours, though). After the update, I still have plenty left when I go to sleep.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've disabled Google Fit and that seems to have worked a treat!

Wifi is always on (connected to the 5GHz channel); I'm using 'Battery Doctor' to keep an eye on the charging and apps usage and it all seems to be hunky-dory :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anastasia40