Loving everything about this phone other than the LTE radio.

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, this phone has the weakest radio to connect to my Verizon service of any phone I have had. Both at home and at work there is almost never a connection and everywhere I go in town just has a weaker signal than my previous Verizon phones. Is this normal for this phone? Is there anything I can do?

SaltyBrine

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Is the Nexus 6 xlte compliant if so it should be able to get the xlte signal from Verizon? I know they expanded their towers.

Posted via the Android Central App

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 6 is supposed to be xlte compliant and I checked and saw that it is available in my area, but how would I know if it is using it? Does it connect automatically?

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I get great LTE signal for my web browsing but when it comes to phone calls people always say I am disappearing into pockets of nothing and then returning. I'm on 5.1 Build E

Last edited:

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, this phone has the weakest radio to connect to my Verizon service of any phone I have had. Both at home and at work there is almost never a connection and everywhere I go in town just has a weaker signal than my previous Verizon phones. Is this normal for this phone? Is there anything I can do?

What build are you on?

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree...I just received this phone in the mail from T-Mobile on Friday. Places that I was getting great reception with my LG G3, I am getting worse signal from the Nexus. This is the first Nexus that I went for since the Galaxy Nexus. I thought Motorola was supposed to have the supreme radios, but I have been less than satisfied. I am going to give it a couple of more days or I am going to send it back and keep my G3. Love the phone, but the radios seem to suck

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
5.1, LMY47E

This build works fine for me. Not sure why you're not getting the best reception. Motorola usually has good radios. Can't believe the G3 is working better for you though. Interesting...

bbhybridchris

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've been thrilled with the radios and reception on mine on Verizon. I am running the M build of 5.1 now but really have had better service on all the builds so far. Had a G3 and G Note 3 as well as iPhone 6 before and none come close to these radios granted I live in an area with fringe service but it still performs much better.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the UK and the radios are one of the most impressive features on the phone, regularly get 4g where the LG g3 only ever got 3g. Also get voice signal in a few dead spots around the house.

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
This was a concern for me as I was thinking of getting a N6. My note 4 signal is striaght garbage. I'm in a major city and my signal is always weak. Phone calls drop like no other. Motorola has always been good to me with signal strength, I'm thinking of making the jump.

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I liked the phone a lot, Unfortunately, the signal was a killer for me and I just sent it back to T-Mobile yesterday. As I said in an earlier post, I always had heard that Motorola had the best radios...That definitely wasn't the case with this phone. The G3 trumped it everywhere I went. I was really surprised. Wish it would have been different because I liked Stock Lollipop and the Front Facing Speakers. Oh well, better luck for me next time. Enjoy your Nexus 6 folks

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I liked the phone a lot, Unfortunately, the signal was a killer for me and I just sent it back to T-Mobile yesterday. As I said in an earlier post, I always had heard that Motorola had the best radios...That definitely wasn't the case with this phone. The G3 trumped it everywhere I went. I was really surprised. Wish it would have been different because I liked Stock Lollipop and the Front Facing Speakers. Oh well, better luck for me next time. Enjoy your Nexus 6 folks

So, you just returned it without investigating getting another device? Hmmmm! Sounds kinda fishy to me! Most of us on this thread aren't experiencing those issues with LTE connectivity. So, I'm thinking you just wanna plug your LG G3.

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Running LMY47E (rooted) on sprint and I great amazing reception much better than my htc one m7. My internet is much faster than before and coverage seems better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair