I am receiving a verizon n6 tomorrow.. what should I know?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some posts about updating the device and resetting it but I'm not 100% sure what the reason is. I'm not looking to add roms or root, but what should be some things I need to be aware of or do in order to have the best experience?

Thanks for the help!

Posted via the Android Central App

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you're not going to ROM or root you can't have the "best" experience

Honestly this phone is pretty plain and boring without loading something. no fluff, nothing extra, there's not even Verizon bloat

In my opinion the camera app sucks so you might want to download open camera for more options.

other than that it's pretty solid.

Sent from my Benzo'd Google N6 on VZ

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I might root and rom down the road. I only have mac computers so I'm not sure how easy it is to do with macs.

I just see some posts of people saying to do some sort of update and then factor reset ?? Not sure what that's about.

Posted via the Android Central App

SonicJoe

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
If you ever think you might ROM and root, then what you want to do is start the phone, skip the initial setup, open developer options, and enable OEM unlocking. Then boot to fastboot and unlock the boot loader immediately. This will wipe your device, so you want to do it first thing before getting setup.

vepac

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
If you're not going to ROM or root you can't have the "best" experience

Honestly this phone is pretty plain and boring without loading something. no fluff, nothing extra, there's not even Verizon bloat

In my opinion the camera app sucks so you might want to download open camera for more options.

other than that it's pretty solid.

Sent from my Benzo'd Google N6 on VZ

There is a couple Verizon apps preloaded. Voicemail and My Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Nexus 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel