Spontaneous reboots?

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Over the last few days, I have been getting reboots at least once a day. I can't figure out why. Any thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree. This problem is well known and the link to the Google products forum is quite revealing. It has also prevented me from buying the N6, despite the fact that I have wanted it since before its release last year. I'm just not comfortable buying one when I know I could very well end up with a phone that doesn't function reliably and be stuck with it. Google has barely acknowledged the problem, much less offered a solution.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well known? I am on the Nexus 6 forum on XDA and the Google+ Nexus 6 group everyday... I've never heard of it.

Sent from my Benzo'd Google N6 on VZ

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
LOL === Hate to admit it, but I have started reading an older post which I have thought was quite astute, only to realize (when I've finished reading the post) that I wrote it! There's a lot of information on here and no one can remember it all. What's even more frustrating is when I can't find it again after having read it.

I posted those two links because the random rebooting has been a significant issue for some people---which can especially be seen if you read the Google Products forum link above provided by Bargaining Jew. What's the recourse after you receive 2 or 3 replacement phones and you continue to have problems? Especially since AT&T, at least, has at least once refused to allow their customer to get a different phone for the next replacement. Thus, the customer is stuck with a phone that has never functioned properly, including several replacement phones.

derdjango

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Anybody having issues with chrome crashing when switching between tabs? It's happening like once a day with mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had some rebooting problems with my T-Mobile unit, but that was back in days post-launch. Once the custom ROMs started dropping, I ran those, but I've been poking around with the 5.1 stock release recently and I have yet to have that thing bounce on me. I remember reading some forums and one of the kernel devs suspected that the storage I/O software was a bit wonky and that the kernel would attempt to read/write to the internal storage before it had fully woke up from deep sleep... and this is what caused the crashes. But that was back in December, if memory serves me right.... there is a fraction of the chatter related to reboots recently. But keep in mind that people with the same issue will often gravitate towards themselves, and this causes a bit of selection bias.

On the whole, the CURRENT iteration of the phone+OS appears to be extremely stable now. If people continue to have issues, they may very well have a defective unit, but the issue is no longer as common as it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech