Nexus 6 on Verizon

mrdoon

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If I purchase a Nexus 6 through the Google Play store, will it work the same as if I purchased through Verizon? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
If I purchase a Nexus 6 through the Google Play store, will it work the same as if I purchased through Verizon? Thanks

Yes, except it will show on your Verizon account as a non-VZW device. You won't be able to make any changes to your account, and the agents at the stores won't be able to either (for the most part). I bought mine from Motorola, and after Verizon officially launched the Nexus 6 I spoke with Tier 2 support to get mine added to their database. They were going to try, but it never happened.

But otherwise, it will work perfectly.

mike lour

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
As a follow-up question, does the one purchased from verizon have an unlocked bootloader? Any other factors that may cause restrictions on the phone or all rooting, custom roms, etc work?

Thanks

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Other than the ridiculous run around every month I get from Verizon to put my discount back on my account. The phone works fine. I hope someone near me jumps on FI. I don't know anyone on TMobile or Sprint in my area.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
As a follow-up question, does the one purchased from verizon have an unlocked bootloader? Any other factors that may cause restrictions on the phone or all rooting, custom roms, etc work?

Thanks

From what I've heard, the Nexus 6 purchased through Verizon is EXACTLY the same as the ones purchased through Motorola & the Google Store, with the exception of having the Verizon logo on the back (which can easily be removed). Otherwise, there is absolutely no difference.

down1plus2

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a T-Mobile version from someone. Went into Verizon store to get the nano Sim. The rep was a big help. Apparently you can't just activate the Sim. He had to take info from a dummy phone to get it to work. All in all I'm happy and everything works flawless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair