Nexus 6 - New user coming from Note Edge

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 6 yesterday. Loving the device. The bluetooth streaming is way better on this device than the Note 3 or the Note Edge. Battery life so far has been great. Also, the phone does not feel awkward in the hand as the Note Edge was.

I am running Yahoo Aviate as my Launcher. I prefer something clutter free.

My only question, other than the Power button, is there another way to wake the device?

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The N6 has a feature called: Ambient Display. When it's activated, the phone will display the current time and any notifications even either of the following occurs:
- you pick up the phone
- a new notification arrives

From there the phone is partially awake and will just take a swipe for you to fully wake it up, or unlock it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the good side! Have you tried the Google Now Launcher? It's straight from the mothership, and very good. The perfect launcher for pure Android.

Yeah I sort of tried it. I like the simplistic side of Aviate better but, I might go back to the Google Now Launcher

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I might try it. I went back to the Nova Launcher yesterday. Its just a PIA to set it up all over again. I used Aviate because I wanted to see how the battery life was on the Nexus verses the Note Edge. I did try Swiftkey and went back to Google keyboard. I found Swiftkey's lag to be irritating.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I might try it. I went back to the Nova Launcher yesterday. Its just a PIA to set it up all over again. I used Aviate because I wanted to see how the battery life was on the Nexus verses the Note Edge. I did try Swiftkey and went back to Google keyboard. I found Swiftkey's lag to be irritating.

Btw, I live and breathe cell phones and know about every major launcher. Never heard of Yahoo Aviate. I would bet my life almost no one uses it. Yahoo is so 90's. But, use whatever floats yer boat. :-!

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Btw, I live and breathe cell phones and know about every major launcher. Never heard of Yahoo Aviate. I would bet my life almost no one uses it. Yahoo is so 90's. But, use whatever floats yer boat. :-!

Aviate is a very well known launcher for its simplistic interface. Yahoo purchased Aviate recently. It is quite popular.

vepac

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Aviate looks like a nice launcher, I don't know if I will ever use it but if I am browsing for launchers I'd consider it.

Posted via the Android Central App on my VZW Nexus 6

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Aviate takes some getting used to. I must admit that I go back and forth between Aviate, Nova and the stock launcher. I like Nova because I can save all my settings which makes migrating to another phone easier. Aviate does not allow you to save. Aviate's screen is location based so, depending on where you are and what you are doing, you can display certain icons and groups. IMO it makes for a cleaner less cluttered interface.

At any rate, I am loving the Nexus 6. Last night before going to bed, I was at 78% which is about 12 hours later and I was not using the Power Saver mode.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Just a quick update. I am nearing the 2 week return period for the Nexus 6. I sold the Note Edge over the weekend so, I am all in now. Do I miss the Edge? Not really. I was very gun shy pulling the trigger to buy the Nexus 6 but, I am glad that I did. IMO, it was money well spent. Now, I cannot wait to pay the device off in full so, I can be on a month to month contract with it.

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Just a quick update. I am nearing the 2 week return period for the Nexus 6. I sold the Note Edge over the weekend so, I am all in now. Do I miss the Edge? Not really. I was very gun shy pulling the trigger to buy the Nexus 6 but, I am glad that I did. IMO, it was money well spent. Now, I cannot wait to pay the device off in full so, I can be on a month to month contract with it.

Month to month contract? Why would you have a contract?

Posted via the Android Central App

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I just needed the time until I could sell the Note Edge. Once I sold it, I would be able to pay it off in full. So, I went on the Edge plan for 30 days which is interest free.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I just needed the time until I could sell the Note Edge. Once I sold it, I would be able to pay it off in full. So, I went on the Edge plan for 30 days which is interest free.
that's what I am on. I paid off my note 4 that way....so did you have the note 4 edge? I am guessing that is what it was.
Was it funny to tell the Verizon folks, I want the edge on the edge...hahaha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith