Nexus 6 or s6

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for great feedback very helpful.

I had the S6 and returned it. There were various reasons, but it could have been that phone....on the forum, its a mixed bag. Some love it, some hate it and returned it. What I dealt with is this: very very poor battery life. As soon it got off the charger....bam, went from 100 to 76 in a matter of a half hour with hardly any usage. Camera? Not that great. My Iphone does better. Wifi could not stay connected at home...and that was an issue with many. LTE service (Verizon) was poor....even when it was great on Iphone. So that was a deal breaker for me....and then when I read about how hard, and expensive it was to repair them...forget it.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the S6 and returned it. There were various reasons, but it could have been that phone....on the forum, its a mixed bag. Some love it, some hate it and returned it. What I dealt with is this: very very poor battery life. As soon it got off the charger....bam, went from 100 to 76 in a matter of a half hour with hardly any usage. Camera? Not that great. My Iphone does better. Wifi could not stay connected at home...and that was an issue with many. LTE service (Verizon) was poor....even when it was great on Iphone. So that was a deal breaker for me....and then when I read about how hard, and expensive it was to repair them...forget it.

I disagree 100% on your camera statement. It is much better than my 6 plus. Double click to launch is awesome.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the 6.

Posted via the Android Central App
My Edge arrived this morning and the camera is dramatically better than the N6's (which I had until early April)

Still can't make up my mind, though. The battery life is crap on the S6, that much is already clear and the reception isn't great, either. Not as bad as expected (still get 4G at home where the signal is borderline) - getting 55mbit/s out of the 4G connection although the phone shows zero bars - the iPhone 6 Plus shows 3 bars but only gets 35 Mbit/s out of the connection.

The curved screen is absolutely stunning, the phone is extremely fast, the camera is leaps and bounds better, the UI is more polished. I'd still lean towards the N6 because it has better reception, but I'm worried I might get another one with reboot problems.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Finally decided in favour of the N6. Opened the package and was greeted to this:

IMG_0334.jpg

massive gaps with glue visible inside :-( Packing it up for an exchange.

joe_m_p

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Finally decided in favour of the N6. Opened the package and was greeted to this:

View attachment 175907

massive gaps with glue visible inside :-( Packing it up for an exchange.

Hopefully they don't send you a 'like new' replacement. I'm having trouble with my speakers and can send it in for a replacement but don't want a 'like new' device in return. I've talked to Motorola but they won't budge.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they don't send you a 'like new' replacement. I'm having trouble with my speakers and can send it in for a replacement but don't want a 'like new' device in return. I've talked to Motorola but they won't budge.

I bought it from a retailer - normally, they just send you a new one. I'll call Monday

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
If it's within return period they should give you a new one. If it's a warranty replacement it's sellers choice

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If it's within return period they should give you a new one. If it's a warranty replacement it's sellers choice

I'm in Switzerland - there's no such thing as a return period here. But the retailer from which I bought usually does exchanges in DoA cases.

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 6. Why?

(1) Stock Android

(2) No Bloatware

(3) Bigger screen (IMO)

(4) Timely OS updates

(5) No TouchWiz.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

(6) After rooting you can pair Nexus 6 with any bloody bluetooth controller you want, not only those samsungs decides worthy..

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
With all honesty man, I have a note 4, I know it's not a S6. Nothing touches stock Android, personally I find a smooth consistent experience is the most important thing. Also Google warranty service is amazing.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm still trying to decide this, myself. I have loved stock Android for years, but I used an S6 for a week or so (had to return it for some weird AT&T issues - not necessarily phone issues) and went back to a Nexus 6. While I still love stock Android, I'm having trouble getting used to the size and the camera just can't hold a candle to the S6 - in quality and speed. It's a very tough decision right now.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm still trying to decide this, myself. I have loved stock Android for years, but I used an S6 for a week or so (had to return it for some weird AT&T issues - not necessarily phone issues) and went back to a Nexus 6. While I still love stock Android, I'm having trouble getting used to the size and the camera just can't hold a candle to the S6 - in quality and speed. It's a very tough decision right now.

From experiences over the last week or so: if you have a good N6, don't switch. Reception is decidedly worse on the S6 edge (and even worse on the S6) and battery life is truly abysmal. I literally had to charge the S6 edge twice a day over the weekend. Battery was dead at around 2 pm.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
From experiences over the last week or so: if you have a good N6, don't switch. Reception is decidedly worse on the S6 edge (and even worse on the S6) and battery life is truly abysmal. I literally had to charge the S6 edge twice a day over the weekend. Battery was dead at around 2 pm.
Well I had the S6 and my wife has the edge. I don't see the reception issue. Have seen the battery life problem, but just on a couple of occasions. It usually made it through a day for me. Just depended on how I used it. I'm just having trouble getting used to the size of this phone. But I do love stock so much more than TouchWiz.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae