Only problem is with camera

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm very pleased with the camera. But I recognize everyone has different needs.

Posted via the Android Central App

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the HDR+ option takes killer photos. The images are also higher resolution and usually more accurate in color balance than the iP6, but the iP6 does focus faster and takes images more rapidly, especially compared to HDR+ photography. Both phones can take excellent photos, but the iPhone is more likely to win with fast subjects (e.g. kids) and the N6 is more likely to win on landscapes or on photos with difficult lighting.

FWIW my daughter has gotten good at holding a pose a beat so I can use HDR+, so kids can be trained!

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the HDR+ option takes killer photos. The images are also higher resolution and usually more accurate in color balance than the iP6, but the iP6 does focus faster and takes images more rapidly, especially compared to HDR+ photography. Both phones can take excellent photos, but the iPhone is more likely to win with fast subjects (e.g. kids) and the N6 is more likely to win on landscapes or on photos with difficult lighting.

FWIW my daughter has gotten good at holding a pose a beat so I can use HDR+, so kids can be trained!

Lol thank goodness for slo mo

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
HDR+ has its spots.... its not good for every situation, but for the ones it is... man, it takes good shots.

I think my issue with the camera is two fold.... well, maybe one-fold since it pretty much only boils down to software. The sensor is really good.... it might not be as good a unit as the IMX240 in the S6, Note 4 and G4, bit it is still pretty good in its own right. Google just needs to get its act together a little bit and tighten up the software.

a) make a device specific camera app with a good feature set. I know that sort of thing isn't the Nexus's style, but farming off the camera to the jack-of-all-trades Google Camera does the thing a disservice. Use a phone app like Open Camera or Camera FV-5... Google can do so much better.

b) Get the focus issues ironed out. The still side is MUCH improved over the Nexus 5, but it could use a bit of polish.... but when taking video, the focus bounces around every few seconds and it is very distracting once you look at it on a TV.

Other than that... I really don't have many complaints.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc