Thoughts on Google music unlimited

imrgoodbari

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been a subscriber since it launched for 7.99 and love it. Just wish they had a family plan like Beats music did at one point.

Posted via the Android Central App

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Been a subscriber since launch, actually got the 6 months free by accident as I cancelled to resubscribe (wanted to use my google play balance to pay) and got the 6 months. I think the key is that I signed up via my nexus 6 not sure if you did it through there or your computer.

I also got on the free trial of tidal this month and the spotify 3 months deal.

Tidal great looking app but not the greatest in playlists. Sound is top notch obviously.
Sonos, better app than GPM like its playlists a bit more. Spotify connect is actually useful (yes google cast is a bit better but my samsung shape speaker doesn't support that)

Still will be rolling with GPM in the long run the fact that I can upload my music as well is the key.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Been a subscriber since launch, actually got the 6 months free by accident as I cancelled to resubscribe (wanted to use my google play balance to pay) and got the 6 months. I think the key is that I signed up via my nexus 6 not sure if you did it through there or your computer.

I also got on the free trial of tidal this month and the spotify 3 months deal.

Tidal great looking app but not the greatest in playlists. Sound is top notch obviously.
Sonos, better app than GPM like its playlists a bit more. Spotify connect is actually useful (yes google cast is a bit better but my samsung shape speaker doesn't support that)

Still will be rolling with GPM in the long run the fact that I can upload my music as well is the key.

Yea I subscribed through the app on my N6.

Posted from my Nexus 6

coop1914

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I've been a Google Music user since it launched and I'm a fan of the product. One of the things I enjoy most is being able to grab music that I come across on blogs, online or by word of mouth and add it to my Library. The music catalog selection has been great for me so far (even new releases from jazz and independent soul artists have been available!). The baked in support for Sonos is another feature that I use daily.

drisner

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I really like that you can mix your uploaded music with music from the subscription in one playlist. Some artists aren't available via subscription, but it's a pain having to switch apps to listen to one artist and then come back. Google Play Music just let's it all blend together.

Kyle Tate

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Topic: Google Music Play All Access.

Now that the Is up to 50,000 songs, my 500 gig external hard drive will have a nice home to be stored on the cloud. My question for anyone out there is which format for quality would you upload versus the time it takes over WiFi?

I tried uploading using Music Manager my iTunes library since that was a good test. There were 12,000 + songs that I had already completed album art, genre, but it took over 48 hours! So what do I do with the other 12,000 songs some of which are in FLAC format. I used this example in another column. I have the whole Beatles collection, Led Zeppelin collection, and U2 collection all in FLAC format. Trying to balance quality and size would you:

1) upload them straight by drop and drag in FLAC format? I don't believe GPM would convert them to 320 but it would take a long time to upload.
2) using dbPoweramp, I have previously converted them into Apple lossless or .mp4 format so I can have them in my iTunes library. I have those folders that I could upload with Music Manager from iTunes library, I left them unchecked during the unchecked.
3) I probably have made an MP3 version of every album the process of on the go listening very in from 192, 256, 320. I could always just upload those folders.

As someone else put I want this to be my authoritative collection of all my music past present and future. Once it's all done I will try my 30 day free trial to see if there's any purpose and paying for it or listening to my 25,000 songs which I think is more than enough and then use Pandora for any kind of radio. Just curious cause I know it's time-consuming, but it's also an important project that I would like to do right the first time.

It just seems like a couple of times when I was uploading an album in FLAC straight to Chrome player that it just took for ever! Eventually I ended up closing the browser and when I reopened they showed up in my "newly added" or "added last" whatever that list i

I guess I also have to think about at some point in the future I will have to download all this in the reverse process if I wanted to create a CD for someone. But I'll get there after this. I've already spent a good chunk of the week. Any helpful advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers!