Why do I keep losing root access when I install the custom rom on my Nexus 6?

A

AC Question

i keep losing root access when i install the custom rom on my nexus 6! i need help!!!!!!

so I have a nexus 6 I am trying to root and I am using nexus 6 root toolkit I do everything they say to do but when I install the custom rom it says I don't have root access what am I doing wrong. I have tried to root it like 3 times now and it does the same thing.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: i keep losing root access when i install the custom rom on my nexus 6! i need help!!!!!!

Yep... go grab the latest SuperSU flashable zip and flash it in recovery right after loading your custom ROM (no need to reboot in between). But you can flash the supersu zip at any point.

Some ROMs are already rooted... but others are not (not sure why they do that, but I guess reasons).

Another thing to keep in mind is that a lot of custom roms don't include the Google Apps (like Play Services, etc). These are often loaded as a add-on zip, often called a 'gapps package'.

I would suggest the banks dynamic gapps package (euroskank)

The order I've always done was 1) ROM, 2) Gapps 3) root zip... if not already included.