Naked Nexus?

BargainingJew

Banned
Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Once I used a case, I liked the "extra bulk" as some put it. I always thought the phone without a case felt too thin and scrawny. (and vulnerable) Just like my women, I like substance. Not thin. ;) Even the average TPU case is kind of too thin for me. The "Love Mei" case is over the top, but I like to feel like I'm holding something that's not thin. But that's just me. Plus, a lot of cases can offer more grip than a naked case. My Spigen clear case is like a magnet in my hands.

Gross.

Posted via the Android Central App

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I switch between naked and the wallet case. I typically use the wallet case when I'm going out somewhere, but go naked at home. Really, the best medium you can have with this phone (protected with retaining form factor) is to get a carbon fiber skin with tempered glass. There are some real nice carbon fibers out there too.

fabian bonifacio

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Ordered an official nexus case from eBay last week with "nexus" printed on the back, it's supposed to feel like your naked phone but a thin hard shell casing over it , :) naked look with all the protection :D

Attachments

• 136198.jpg
    136198.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 108

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Seeing that I am on nexus #2, yes I use a case. The plastic on the front and aluminum dents and dings very easily. I like to sell my phones so yeah. With that being said, I use a very clear ultra slim case so I still get to enjoy this beauty!

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I've never dropped or broken a phone so I go nekkids-- except for when I'm traveling, I put it in a slip-in wallet case.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I switch between naked and the wallet case. I typically use the wallet case when I'm going out somewhere, but go naked at home. Really, the best medium you can have with this phone (protected with retaining form factor) is to get a carbon fiber skin with tempered glass. There are some real nice carbon fibers out there too.
How is a skin the best "medium"? Drop it and see how much medium protection you get. A skin will do absolutely zero for you except protect against scratches. I like skins and have one on my N6, but have an ultra clear case on it.

Ordered an official nexus case from eBay last week with "nexus" printed on the back, it's supposed to feel like your naked phone but a thin hard shell casing over it , :) naked look with all the protection :D

Btw, the ones on ebay are clones from China and not really the official ones. Don't get me wrong, they still look good and are cheap. When I had my Nexus 5, I had all of the colors (black, red, blue, green, yellow) except grey.

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
After all this thread and experimenting using the phone naked for some weeks (no drops thankfully), I ended up using just a Spigen exact fit slim case. Best of both worlds for me.

Crest4

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a Supcase and YooTech tempered glass on my N6 right now really because it is so new and I don't want to do something stupid. The case adds extra weight and bulk but it is worth it right now.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Supcase and YooTech tempered glass on my N6 right now really because it is so new and I don't want to do something stupid. The case adds extra weight and bulk but it is worth it right now.

With the YooTech tempered glass ... Does it have the Halo effect? That was the main reason why I returned the Invisible Shield glass screen protector. It was raising up around the edges.

64GB Beast

Crest4

May 27, 2015
Visit site
With the YooTech tempered glass ... Does it have the Halo effect? That was the main reason why I returned the Invisible Shield glass screen protector. It was raising up around the edges.

64GB Beast
I have not seen it so far. This is my first experience using the tempered glass so I will have to keep and eye out for it. It does not fit the whole front of the phone just the screen part. YooTech wrote that it was because it is curved and won't fit properly on a curved surface.

I like having the little extra protection especially since it is so new.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Definitely! It's so slippery to be used without a case; more so than any other smartphone I've owned thus far.

As soon as I was able, I slapped mine in a case. Nothing incredibly thick, but something that would protect the screen and shell if I every dropped it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nothing is as bad as a naked HTC one m8, I have one for a work phone and without a case that phone is as slippery as a wet bar of soap

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463