Titanium Backup on Nexus 6?

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That may be an option (not sure if that works), but you can create a folder on your internal storage and titanium backup will use that for backing up

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Good info, thanks! Of course the disadvantage of that approach is that internal storage will be used multiple times, once for the original data and then again for each saveset. I don't have a huge amount on my existing phone, but now that I think of it, it might not be a bad idea to go ahead and shell out the additional $50 for the 64GB model just to make sure I have room for all of the backups.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Depends.... I have a good 220 apps... my TB backup is around 2.7G or so.... not excessive by any means. I don't keep too many backups around, don't really need to.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Last time I used TB, it totally borked my phone. Never again. It only takes me about 30 min. to get all of my apps/system back where I had them after a factory reset.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, you have to tread lightly when you're dealing with system data... That can get messy of you aren't careful.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, you have to tread lightly when you're dealing with system data... That can get messy of you aren't careful.
Yes. I never restore system data when flashing rom. Just user app settlings. TB is very useful in restoring device ID and Bluetooth pairings.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I do pull in some system-level bits.... Wifi hotspots, SMS messages, call logs... I've had luck bringing in the Google App data (which allows me to maintain my launcher settings). But I don't go much beyond those. But I am flashing new versions of custom ROMs all the time, so I've come to see exactly what data is needed to maintain my preferred config, and what data is just chaff and there's no need to back up.

I wish there was a setting to set aside some apps to only back up the app and not any app data... say for games and apps that use cloud storage for config (Google apps, games that use GP Games, etc). TB has settings for external data. I gotta go look up exactly what that entails.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane