nexus 6 still worth it ?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I am using a note 4 and im wondering if i should upgrade to the nexus 6? Touchwiz is horrible and boring. I even told myself im not gettin a new samsung phone. Ive had to many samsungs. Is the nexus 6 still worth it even though the note 4 has the same hardware?

Posted via the Android Central App

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
If you want a completely stock Android experience, yes. I'm in love with stock Android, even more do now that WiFi Calling is integrated in it 😊

Sent from my Nexus 6 on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

almahix

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to be stuck with touch wiz. Have you tried other launchers like Apex, Nova, or any of the others? I had a note 3 and always used Apex, my preferred home and launcher. Much more versatile and customizable than stock. At least try before you dump the note 4. I have a nexus 6 now and still use Apex! Note 4 is a good phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 running AICP 9.0

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Below is my post switching to Nexus 6 from Note 4 just days ago. Surprisingly, battery life is as good or even better than my note 4. I am really liking the experience of pure stock android. I never used multi window stuff on note 4 and used the spen for screen shot taking every now and then. So switching was a no big deal. This phone is so simple, fast, Smooth, and so far ZERO lag. I've always used Nova launcher on my note 4 but that doesn't change the fact that it is still touchwize underneath it all. I change phones often, but now that I know how smooth stock android is on Nexus, I don't think I can go back to any other "flavored" android. Cannot wait to see what's the next Nexus is going to bring.

My note 4 is back into its box. Happy with my switch.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=531069

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Is the nexus 6 still worth it even though the note 4 has the same hardware?

Yes, same exact hardware but you are going to notice a huge difference when it comes to how smooth, fast, and lag free the nexus is.
The nexus is all about one thing,The pure android OS experience. This makes the phone one of the fastest and smoothest I have ever had (and that is what is important to me). It feels better in the hand vs Note 4 due to its curve build and speaker sound is just unreal. But that's all what Nexus 6 has over the Note 4.

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I go through smartphones at the rate of two or three a year and so far, after my first week with a Nexus 6, I couldn't be happier. Stock Android is so much better than some OEM skin/launcher/overlay. And just the idea of timely updates to Android without having to first wonder if the manufacturer will even bother to update the device then having to worry about my phone carrier approving that update is close to pure bliss.

One year ago I was using a Note 3 and after that I swore off on Samsung phones because of Touch Wiz and the cheap build quality of their devices. I'll admit the S6 edge tempted me until I remembered how frustrating it is waiting for Android updates. And honestly, I hardly ever use the gimmicks or add-on features that most manufacturers load up their devices with.

That aside, the build quality of the Nexus 6 is top-notch and because it's a Motorola phone it's got best in class radios inside. Where I work is built like a Faraday Cage in that it's next to impossible to get or hold a cell signal inside. The Nexus 6 is the first phone I've stood dead center in the building where no one ever even gets a sniff of a signal and I had LTE. THAT right there made me a Nexus 6 fan.

MoneyMike84

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
You can't go wrong with the nexus 6. Just this year I've went from a galaxy s4 to a moto x and now my nexus 6. Finally found a phone I will stick with. I will never buy another Samsung phone. I've said that before but it's true this time lol.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Nexus 6 when it was first released but ended up selling it as it was showing up as an unsupported phone on Verizon. I used a 2nd gen Moto X, Z3v, G3 and a few others and finally picked up a Verizon Nexus 6 and it's just as good then as it is now and better than those phones.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't see why it wouldn't still be worth it. It still has what are considered high end specs. It's probably the smoothest android experience you can have. Big beautiful screen, fast as a cheetah, more than adequate camera, timely updates, awesome rom/customization support, and pure android. Yes, it's still worth it, and will be a good phone for a long time.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I am using a note 4 and im wondering if i should upgrade to the nexus 6? Touchwiz is horrible and boring. I even told myself im not gettin a new samsung phone. Ive had to many samsungs. Is the nexus 6 still worth it even though the note 4 has the same hardware?

Yes, totally worth it. Phone is amazing.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you use the S Pen, want external storage (it can be used for a lot of other things, like booting a dead phone) or care about losing the phone if the battery goes into thermal runaway (or you prefer having a spare battery that you can swap in the field), I'm with almahix. TouchWiz? I don't touch the stuff - Nova is the first thing that gets installed on any new phone of mine. (I keep TW on the phone, in case someone asks a question about it and I have to run it to figure out what to tell them.)

But if you don't need the S Pen, don't mind the lack of external storage and don't mind the non-removable battery, the N6 is a good phone.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Personally, no. The N6 isn't worth it. I'll wait for the N5 in July, or get the S6 at a discount. Not that the Nexus isn't a good phone. It is. Just recently I've had issues with WiFi (forgetting my networks) and battery (getting worse). Love the updates and speed, but not sure it justifies not getting the newer phones. And I know about the battery issues on the S6

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

I switched from a Note Edge to a Nexus after getting tired of TW and I could not be happier. The phone has excellent battery life and is so much smoother. I could not recommend it more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21