Android M coming soon

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
/rant

Android M?!? I'm still waiting for 5.1.1!!! Seriously, this is bullocks. I have a factory unlocked, un-modded, un-messed-around-with, completely stock everything, brand new Nexus 6... Still no 5.1.1...

I see other older Nexus devices with 5.1.1 yet I paid $700+tax for this beast of a phone and get left behind waiting?!?

And, no, I'm not flashing sh*t to a T-Mobile build. I specifically bought this Nexus so I wouldn't HAVE to do that in order to get timely updates!

/end rant

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
5.1.1 for the Nexus 6 obviously has been delayed while testing and squashing bugs was completed for WiFi calling and Project Fi, which are included in the update. Other devices that already got 5.1.1 didn't have to wait for that.

Google and T-Mobile both have a lot riding on these added capabilities and no doubt they wanted to do plenty of testing before releasing 5.1.1 to be sure it works as advertised. Would you rather have a buggy release sooner or a reliable release a little later? Easy choice for me...take your time and get it right.

If it makes you feel any better the OTA for 5.1.1 is being pushed to the Nexus 6 now. You could get today.

Edit: My wife just got the OTA of 5.1.1. WiFi calling works fine!

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non