Google keyboard.

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to get the keyboard to show emojis when typing. I.e. when you type smile, you should see a smile emoji to enter, without going into you emoji part of the keyboard.

Posted via the Android Central App

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to get the keyboard to show emojis when typing. I.e. when you type smile, you should see a smile emoji to enter, without going into you emoji part of the keyboard.

Why not just install or use Swype? It's better than the stock keyboard and it allows you to resize and have it left or right justified. Plus you get the emojis when you type certain words; however, there is no large library of them to choose from.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Try this:

Settings -> Language & input ->Personal dictionary -> (this next part varies depending on whether you have more than one language configured) -> tap the + sign at top right to add a new entry. Where it says "Type a word" enter the smile emoji. Where it says "Optional shortcut" type "smile" (without the quotes) or anything else you prefer.

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried Swype. It didn't give me any emoji. It's was the latest version. I'll play around with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie