LTE, but cannot load pages?

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. So aside from my phone usually showing the ! next to the signal bars, I can't even get internet while I'm on LTE.

My N6 displays one or two bars of LTE but cannot load pages. Its like the page just hangs with the loading progress bar stuck. Also, when I try to do a speed test, I get 0 Mb/s and the same with KB/s.

Its been like this on both N6's I've owned. I've looked at all the settings and only a reboot fixes. Its so frustrating having all these issues.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. So aside from my phone usually showing the ! next to the signal bars, I can't even get internet while I'm on LTE.

My N6 displays one or two bars of LTE but cannot load pages. Its like the page just hangs with the loading progress bar stuck. Also, when I try to do a speed test, I get 0 Mb/s and the same with KB/s.

Its been like this on both N6's I've owned. I've looked at all the settings and only a reboot fixes. Its so frustrating having all these issues.

Have you already tried resetting pre-installed apps, particularly Google apps?

This post about solving "restricted access" errors on a Nexus 5 fingers different Google apps and the Play Store app itself as culprits behind data problems:

Nexus 5 Restricted Access Changed Issue - Solved - MTG Information Blog

I'm afraid I'm not speaking from experience; I was just google searching about the problem and thought I'd pass the link along FYI.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Have you already tried resetting pre-installed apps, particularly Google apps?

This post about solving "restricted access" errors on a Nexus 5 fingers different Google apps and the Play Store app itself as culprits behind data problems:

Nexus 5 Restricted Access Changed Issue - Solved - MTG Information Blog

I'm afraid I'm not speaking from experience; I was just google searching about the problem and thought I'd pass the link along FYI.

Huh, interesting. I haven't looked at that yet.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not clear to me whether you also have Wi-Fi turned on so I will just put this out there for consideration:

If you have a Wi-Fi connection (bars showing) but it does not have Internet access for whatever reason (exclamation point next to the Wi-Fi signal indicator, then you will not be able to send/receive data over your cellular connection regardless of LTE connection or not.

The Nexus 6 will always try to use a Wi-Fi connection before it uses a cellular connection. I would prefer that the OS recognizes when the Wi-Fi connection does not have Internet access and automatically fallback to cellular, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

So, if you have a non-working Wi-Fi connection, try disabling Wi-Fi; you should see that your LTE connection now works properly. By the way, I get this a lot whenever I make the mistake of signing on to Comcast's "free" Xfinity Wi-Fi service. I get a Wi-Fi connection but no Internet access until I open Chrome and enter my Xfinity username & password. That's all well and good, but the next time I am in an area with Xfinity signal the phone will automatically accept the connection however I will once again not have Internet access unless I open Chrome... etc. In the meantime, I have no data at all. I usually "Forget" the Xfinity connection so that I won't have this issue again until I find myself really needing the free data connection and then repeat the entire process.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It's not clear to me whether you also have Wi-Fi turned on so I will just put this out there for consideration:

If you have a Wi-Fi connection (bars showing) but it does not have Internet access for whatever reason (exclamation point next to the Wi-Fi signal indicator, then you will not be able to send/receive data over your cellular connection regardless of LTE connection or not.

The Nexus 6 will always try to use a Wi-Fi connection before it uses a cellular connection. I would prefer that the OS recognizes when the Wi-Fi connection does not have Internet access and automatically fallback to cellular, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

So, if you have a non-working Wi-Fi connection, try disabling Wi-Fi; you should see that your LTE connection now works properly. By the way, I get this a lot whenever I make the mistake of signing on to Comcast's "free" Xfinity Wi-Fi service. I get a Wi-Fi connection but no Internet access until I open Chrome and enter my Xfinity username & password. That's all well and good, but the next time I am in an area with Xfinity signal the phone will automatically accept the connection however I will once again not have Internet access unless I open Chrome... etc. In the meantime, I have no data at all. I usually "Forget" the Xfinity connection so that I won't have this issue again until I find myself really needing the free data connection and then repeat the entire process.

The only WiFi I use are secured networks at home and work. When this happens is when I either have WiFi off or when I'm not at work or home. The issue has plagued me on multiple Nexus 6 devices.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Check your APN configuration (Settings -> Wireless & networks -> More... -> Cellular networks -> Access Point Names). Verify that they are correct by comparing to settings usually found on your carrier's web site.

If "The issue has plagued me on multiple Nexus 6 devices..." you obviously have some issue specifically with your overall configuration or a discrepancy on your carrier's part.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Check your APN configuration (Settings -> Wireless & networks -> More... -> Cellular networks -> Access Point Names). Verify that they are correct by comparing to settings usually found on your carrier's web site.

If "The issue has plagued me on multiple Nexus 6 devices..." you obviously have some issue specifically with your overall configuration or a discrepancy on your carrier's part.

Hmm, don't think its my configurations. I've taken my phones to 3 different T-Mobile stores, each phone, and they confirmed all settings are correct. They are as mystified as I am about this issue. Maybe its Phoenix Arizona that is having network issues involving these Nexus 6 phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad