Moto N6 on VZW

rjunnddd

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I bought my N6 at motorola.com LONG before it was released as by Big Red. Prior to their release I had good to great call reception. I've noticed over the past few weeks that I'm getting LOTS of dropped calls and many times places where I could hear with crystal clarity now have broken reception. The caller can't hear me but I can hear them or they can hear me but I can't hear them.

Just wondering if this is a bi-product of buying a non-VZW N6 and using it on their network or if this is common for others on other networks. Also, if you bought your N6 from VZW, do you have the same problem, especially anyone living in the Cincy area.

THANKS!

azn2coo

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. It's actually software related and this issue should be resolved once 5.1.1 come out for us.

Also vzw nexus use build E while us non-vzw are on build D. You can downgrade back to the original 5.0 release if it really bother you or setup google voice with your same number and use data to call like i do.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
You can flash LMY47E and see if that helps you in any way. I'm in non VZ phone and never had issues. I got OTA upgrade to 5.1.1 last night.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
You can flash LMY47E and see if that helps you in any way. I'm on non VZ phone with VZ SIM and never had issues. I got OTA upgrade to 5.1.1 last night.

azn2coo

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hmm care to share a screenshot of that 5.1.1 on verizon? Though it was only for user on tmobile network right now.

Last edited:

azn2coo

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
oh wow guess LMY47Z only for sprint network nexus 6. Found the shamu link so I guess I will test it out since it supposedly work for all nexus 6 international phone.

You see any thing new in this update maher79?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
oh wow guess LMY47Z only for sprint network nexus 6. Found the shamu link so I guess I will test it out since it supposedly work for all nexus 6 international phone.

You see any thing new in this update maher79?

Ya google images site says it is for sprint only BUT again, I didn't flash, it was pushed to me OTA. The build # ended up being the same, so you would think it's the same image on Google developer site.

I didn't notice anything new/different with the 5.1.1 build.

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Is it true that the vzw model sold through them has different chip configuration? Something I remember hearing. Those units have faster download speeds and etc. Any sign of this?

Posted via the Android Central App

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Is it true that the vzw model sold through them has different chip configuration? Something I remember hearing. Those units have faster download speeds and etc. Any sign of this?

Posted via the Android Central App
Very doubtful. The beauty about Nexus phones is that all the hardware is exactly the same across the board, regardless of where it was bought from.

Now, the only thing carrier specific builds might have is a slightly better tuned radio to allow better connection to the carrier's towers. But even then, the difference should be minimal.

Sent from my Nexus 6 on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz