Can I get some help with some Google Nexus 6 issues?

A

AC Question

Google Nexus 6 issues

I recently bought a Nexus 6 from T-Mobile last week. I've been using it and it worked smoothly at Android 5.0.2. The games i played went smoothly with no lag or stutters. Swiping through pages felt so smooth as I slid my finger tips. Now that I updated to Android 5.1.1, my phone started to lag and stutter. I did many troubleshooting methods such as wiping cache partition, safe mode reboot, and even a factory reset. Not to mention that now I am noticing a yellow tint at the upper part of the display. I think it is one of those screen burns that every phone with Amoled display has. Please help me out in this. Is the lag/stutter due to the faulty update? Also how can I fix that yellow tint on my screen? Phone is too new to be having issues. It is still under the 14 day return policy but I don't want to return it and go through another annoying wait for shipping a new device. Thank you!

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus 6 issues

If you went from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1, then a wipe needs to be done. If the OTA update didn't perform a wipe then you may need to do a manual wipe. You can go into settings then "backup & reset" and try that way, or (what I prefer) is to boot into recovery, wipe cache a couple of times, then wipe a couple of times.