iPhone 6+ or nexus 6. Want to return to android.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6+ 128gig. I want a nexus 6. I've always been an android guy but decided to give the newest iPhone a chance. Don't get me wrong. I like the iPhone. The battery lasts me all day long with no issue. I want to go back to android. I want some opinions and input about how you feel about your nexus 6. I would spring for the 64gig model of course. If you were offered a trade, how much cash in addition would you ask for? I appreciate your help ahead of time.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
With the Nexus on sale for $550 for 64GB at both Amazon and the Google Play store, IMO your 6+ is more valuable. A N6 owner who wanted a 128GB 6+ would be lucky to get a straight up trade, and should probably be buying out some difference. That said, if you do try to trade on AndroidCentral, please use our marketplace.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I had the 6plus and currently have a iPhone 6. I tried to swap between my s6 edge and the iPhone 6 but I quickly learned how much I now dislike the iPhone. I ordered a nexus 6 yesterday. And once it arrives I will sell the iPhone 6 and keep the s6 edge and the nexus 6.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
With the Nexus on sale for $550 for 64GB at both Amazon and the Google Play store, IMO your 6+ is more valuable. A N6 owner who wanted a 128GB 6+ would be lucky to get a straight up trade, and should probably be buying out some difference. That said, if you do try to trade on AndroidCentral, please use our marketplace.

I also thought my device had a higher value. How much cash in addition to the trade would be a fair amount? I don't mind using the marketplace to sell items and devices but not for trades. I'm much more comfy with local meetings.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
My best guess would be $100 to $150, but depends on condition and how much the buyer is willing to pay. They might not recognize the new price for the nexus, so you may get s better return by buying a new nexus and selling your device separately.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone owned both of these devices for battery life comparison?

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

Given the current sale for the Nexus 6, I would ask for at least $200 on top, but that could put the other person off. I've owned both and it's not even close. The 6+ always lasted me well into the second day and the battery life was consistent. With the Nexus 6, in order to get decent battery life I need to shut off certain things like high accuracy gps and micromanage other settings. I'm using mine stock unrooted so there's room for improvement if you decide to mod the software. However, with the 6+ I never had to micromanage anything to get great battery life. I could always leave location services on and not worry about it draining my battery life.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Given the current sale for the Nexus 6, I would ask for at least $200 on top, but that could put the other person off. I've owned both and it's not even close. The 6+ always lasted me well into the second day and the battery life was consistent. With the Nexus 6, in order to get decent battery life I need to shut off certain things like high accuracy gps and micromanage other settings. I'm using mine stock unrooted so there's room for improvement if you decide to mod the software. However, with the 6+ I never had to micromanage anything to get great battery life. I could always leave location services on and not worry about it draining my battery life.

This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you. I always leave everything on. I don't turn this or that off. Battery life was my big decision maker. I don't want to worry about scurrying to find a charger. But Damn I do miss android. Pure vanilla android. Looks like I'll have to try and find one used and just buy it. Thanks again for your response.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm also wondering how rooting the device will help. It's what I do with every android device i own. As well as jailbreak with ios.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Eao1991. Would you be able to give me your battery statistics at the end of your day? I would really appreciate it

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Eao1991. Would you be able to give me your battery statistics at the end of your day? I would really appreciate it

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

I won't be able to do that today. Currently at work and using my S6. The Nexus 6 is at my house. I tend to keep my screen brightness pretty low and screen time for me is usually around 3.5 to 4hrs. The things I notice regularly at the top of my battery usage are screen, cell standby, chrome, and android os. Then every once in a while Google Play services will sneak in and destroy the battery. There's a big Nexus 6 battery life thread over at XDA, but it's sometimes hard to tell who is stock and who's running a custom rom/kernel. Also, I forgot to note that I've been using the Android M developer preview since it got released. Battery life between it and Lollipop remained the same for me. Which I guess is a good thing since it's the first developer preview and I guess it can only get better as it's updated.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone owned both of these devices for battery life comparison?

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

I have both, but I doubt that my battery comparison would be helpful to you. Considering both devices spend the vast majority of their time in standby, I can see that the iPhone has better battery life in standby. I haven't had the exact same types of usage scenarios with both devices. I think that the iPhone 6 Plus wins during usage, as well, but the margin appears to be smaller.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I have both, but I doubt that my battery comparison would be helpful to you. Considering both devices spend the vast majority of their time in standby, I can see that the iPhone has better battery life in standby. I haven't had the exact same types of usage scenarios with both devices. I think that the iPhone 6 Plus wins during usage, as well, but the margin appears to be smaller.

That's good to know. The Standby on my iPhone is amazing. There are some nights that I don't plug my phone into the charger and I'll wake up only a handful percentage lower.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance