New Google Fi Nexus 6 Owner

Unreachabl3

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
New Google Fi Nexus 6 owner..

Came from an overpriced Iphone 6 on Verizon...

Love the phone.. Just need to learn some things about it maybe you folks can help me..

First thing .. The volume/power button .. Any way to disable or at least turn off the volume buttons while its locked?

Also it does something strange, when its in my car and I turn it to landscape mode it locks??

Overall love the phone.. and PS - Google FI - NO problemos ... Fast, Clear... Love it... and my 40/mo bill for all in...

U

putertech

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Not many of us here on Fi so you may not get a lot of response, I can say that on my N6 my phone does not lock when rotated. As far as volume lock there may be some apps for that

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Not sure what's the purpose of locking the volume buttons. They don't do anything already when the phone is locked. Unless there is an audio playing, that then controls volume.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
what are the volume buttons doings when the phone is locked that you are concerned about?

and i am sure putertech meant your not seeing a lot of responses because your title is just new project fi nexus 6 owner but does not mention questions so if people do not care about fi they won't click.

is it plugged into your car when it is locked? perhaps it is trying to access android auto

BuzzGordon

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to Google Fi ~ Nexus 6 about 8 days ago. I continue to be amazed by Fi. The Nexus 6... as a 'phone' it's the best I've ever had. Phone calls and txt msgs work everywhere. There were two places where my Verizon service basically didn't work, my girlfriends house and at locations in the building where I work. Fi / Nexus work perfectly in each of my previous 'dead spots'.

Each of my Verizon 'dead spots' have Wifi, the nexus 6 receives a decent 'cell data signal' with WiFi turned off (on the Nexus). I'll have to test more but... with the WiFi on (on phone)... At my previous 'dead spots', now I can text no problem! Texting a pic completes really fast... When I talk to people, they tell me I sound perfect, no interference, described by one friend sounds like a 'digital signal'.. Anyway, Verizon has served me so well for so long, I know they've had the best coverage but.. (in Saint Louis, Mo. area) Fi blows Verizon away and my bill will be going from over $68 a month (unlimited talk and text, 1GB data) to around $30 a month (depending on how much data I use (Fi = unlimited talk and text, approx 1 cent per MG))! I only use about 500MG a month so my Fi bill will be something like $25 / $27 a month. (I bought the Nexus outright)

I have to say I hated the white 'girl case' that came with it, I replaced it with a UAG. Much better grip, not constantly / accidentally pushing the unlock screen / volume buttons now, oh yes, the phone 'presents' much better with the UAG too

Last edited:

MoneyMike84

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Verizon to Google Fi ~ Nexus 6 about 8 days ago. I continue to be amazed by Fi. The Nexus 6... as a 'phone' it's the best I've ever had. Phone calls and txt msgs work everywhere. There were two places where my Verizon service basically didn't work, my girlfriends house and at locations in the building where I work. Fi / Nexus work perfectly in each of my previous 'dead spots'.

Each of my Verizon 'dead spots' have Wifi, the nexus 6 receives a decent 'cell data signal' with WiFi turned off (on the Nexus). I'll have to test more but... with the WiFi on (on phone)... At my previous 'dead spots', now I can text no problem! Texting a pic completes really fast... When I talk to people, they tell me I sound perfect, no interference, described by one friend sounds like a 'digital signal'.. Anyway, Verizon has served me so well for so long, I know they've had the best coverage but.. (in Saint Louis, Mo. area) Fi blows Verizon away and my bill will be going from over $68 a month (unlimited talk and text, 1GB data) to around $30 a month (depending on how much data I use (Fi = unlimited talk and text, approx 1 cent per MG))! I only use about 500MG a month so my Fi bill will be something like $25 / $27 a month. (I bought the Nexus outright)

I have to say I hated the white 'girl case' that came with it, I replaced it with a UAG. Much better grip, not constantly / accidentally pushing the unlock screen / volume buttons now, oh yes, the phone 'presents' much better with the UAG too
Still like your project fi service? I just got my invite today. Considering cancelling my Verizon service and switching over.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Right now I have the 10gb for $80, and unlimited talk & Txt for $15.
So, that's $95 per month.
It doesn't appear that Fi will be much cheaper for me.

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Applied for fi to try out with my nexus 6. Not using it much anymore and will keep my account with att but wanted to get another line to try out on fi.

Have not heard a thing.

Posted via my Galaxy S6!

Last edited:

MoneyMike84

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I haven't found very clear information on cancelling Verizon service on the edge program. It looks like I can cancel and just pay off the phone or continue paying monthly. But in my account it says I signed two agreements. An edge agreement and a customer agreement. So I'm not sure if I can cancel and try out project fi.

Sunofabob

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered my nexus 6 and Fi SIM card. I couldn't pass after the price drop. I hope I like it. Moving up from the Nexus 5; my favorite phone.

renegad3

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I would keep your existing service and if you just want to test out Fi, get a free google voice numer to test with Fi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol