Charging the Nexus 6?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Is the Nexus 6 very particular about the charging cables/power bricks you use? I am at work and don't have the turbo charger that it came with. I've tried 2 different power bricks with 2 different usb cables and I get nothing on any combination. All of the combinations charge my LG G4 just fine.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been wondering about this, too. I mistakenly plugged my old HTC charger into my N6 a few weeks ago and noticed that after about half an hour the phone had only bumped its charge up to something like 36% from 30%. Could not using the N6's turbocharger conceivably damage the battery?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine won't even show the charging symbol. I don't think a slow charge will do any damage, it will just be really slow.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm on vacation and forgot my turbo charger at work smh. Anyway I am using an old Samsung charger and it works fine. Of course it doesn't charge as fast as the turbo charger.

When I had the g3 it would always give me problems and an error message if I used another charger other than the one that came with it.

Posted from my Nexus 6

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The Moto and an aftermarket turbo charger, samsung turbo and normal chargers, and a blackberry charger all work on mine.

Jim Scheiner

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I was told that the cable needs to be special. Mine works fine though. I bought a second charger on eBay (Tenergy) which I love because it came with a longer cable and has a dual color LED that changes color depending on whether it is a turbo charge or a regular charge. That LED really is nice.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
That's interesting. My Adaptive Fast Charger from the Note 4 seems to work just fine and charges equally as fast though I opt to use ONLY the turbo charger now....which means I have to carry with me all the time until I buy an extra one for travel.

Last edited:

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I used couple times standart charger (comes with old Samsung Duos phone) and worked fine. No issued with it. I'm using Nokia Fatboy wireless charger and works as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Not exactly the same, However:
When using an HTC charger with a Sony side-charging connection it created a blinking charge icon. It charged extremely slow if at all.
Changed to a Moto turbo charger it charged with no problem.
Don't know about those HTC chargers.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
After reading this thread I tried charging my N6 over night last night with the standard charger that came with my Moto X. It worked just fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I think it was my cables. They were both cheapie 3rd party. It's just odd that they work with the G4 and not the N6. I ordered an Anker quick charger from Amazon for work.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I think it was my cables. They were both cheapie 3rd party. It's just odd that they work with the G4 and not the N6. I ordered an Anker quick charger from Amazon for work.

Anker is the way to go. Very high quality. I will only buy Anker chargers and cables from now on.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Oddly enough, I have had my new Nexus 6 almost a month, and I have not yet used the Turbo charger that came with the phone.

The two main reasons is that, first the cable on the charger that came with the phone is really too short, and second, I have a ton of cables around the house, and I really haven't had the time decide where to put the new charger.

Crest4

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Just started looking for an Anker Quick Charger and they seem to be very reasonable on the Bay. Only about 18 bucks shipped, anyone have experience with these Anker chargers? Thanks

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Just started looking for an Anker Quick Charger and they seem to be very reasonable on the Bay. Only about 18 bucks shipped, anyone have experience with these Anker chargers? Thanks

I got one on Amazon for about $15 and it's as good as the Motorola charger or better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech