AT&T refusing to give me a nano Sim because I have a LG G4!!!

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Had to exchange my G4, some signal problems, etc.. not a big deal, new phone works fine...BUT They would only activate it with the micro SIM that came with the phone, I asked them to please activate it with the nano sim I had so I can swap between the G4 and my Nexus 6, They told me I CAN"T have a nano SIM card because it won't work in the G4, I explained to them I have an adapter, and that I have been using the nano sim card (which they have now deactivated) between phones for the past year and a half, they said it can't be done!!! I left the store aggravated and went home and called customer service.......Same story, "Were sorry you can not use a nano SIM card with the LG G4" AGAIN, I explained the whole story that I've been doing this on several phones for the past 18 months!!!! Then they told me if that is what I want to do I HAVE TO ADD ANOTHER LINE OF SERVICE TO MY ACCOUNT!!! I told her " no Problem, I will be returning the G4 and to take it off my line of service" which she said "we can't do till we receive the phone back". When did AT&T start this crap of only allowing one phone to be used on a sim card?????

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T refusing to give me a nano Sim because I have a LG G4!!!

Go to another store. They have a drawer full of them. Just get a cool sales reps...if you can. I avoid the store because it can be quite frustrating. Maybe check ebay? The less you tell them the better or get SIM cutter.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
This is embarrassing.... Type of sim has nothing to do with anything. It's just the chip/numbers on the card that link up to your phone. Go go to another store and ask for someone cool who gets it. Sucks because 99% of the reps would not do that. Ask for the manger or assistant mgr if it happens again. They'll take care of you.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to an AT&T store that has a service center, didn't bother with the sales people, actually the service center has its own entrance. I went and explained to the tech what happened and he gave me a nano sim and set it up for my number. He said that some of the sales people know a little about technical things, but he also said some stores and customer service reps seem to be getting directed to not hand out /program Sim cards so freely anymore. They must have hired some Verizon management :)

Posted via the Android Central App

thunderbolt_nick

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to an AT&T store that has a service center, didn't bother with the sales people, actually the service center has its own entrance. I went and explained to the tech what happened and he gave me a nano sim and set it up for my number. He said that some of the sales people know a little about technical things, but he also said some stores and customer service reps seem to be getting directed to not hand out /program Sim cards so freely anymore. They must have hired some Verizon management :)

Posted via the Android Central App
That's annoying... But glad you got a cool tech person. Some people get it... Others don't

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

This will work for you. Aerb Nano Sim Card Cutter Mini /Standard & Micro to Nano Sim for iP... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009P16FKY...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4480828

I used it (along with the included adapter) to move between a note 4 and nexus 6.

So, you cut the Sim card down that was in your note 4, and put it in your Nexus6 and everything just worked?
No activation fee either?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

So, you cut the Sim card down that was in your note 4, and put it in your Nexus6 and everything just worked?
No activation fee either?

Yep. Can swap phones back and forth any time you want.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

go to an apple store and ask for an att sim for an iphone 6 they will jsut give it to you then you call up customer service say i lost my sim card and need to activiate a new one heres the number. thats worked for me on numerous times

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

Yep. Can swap phones back and forth any time you want.

I bought that cutter you linked to on Amazon.
It didn't get here until today.
My new Nexus came yesterday.
I didn't want to wait, so I cut my Sim down that was in my Note2 - crudely with a pair of scissors.
Worked - no issues.
So today I used the adapter that came with the Sim cutter to try it back in my Note2, and all is good. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz