nexus 5 2015 for Verizon ? or just get nexus 6

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have hope or belief that when the new nexus comes out Verizon will carry it? Usually Verizon doesn't carry nexus devices and I wanna get the new nexus 5 this year. Anyone think verizon will carry it ?

Posted via the NOTE 4 or NEXUS 9

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well they did with the Nexus 6, but you can never know with Verizon. I'd just upgrade now if you really want a new phone. But you have a Note 4 according to your signature, so maybe holding out wouldn't be a bad idea, since your phone is already pretty great

Eric The Duke

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Who knows! But Verizon got the Nexus 6 about 5 months after it was available for other carriers, so I would just go with what's available now.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just keep in mind, there is a very significant difference in the user experience (due to sheer physical size) between the Nexus 5 and the 6.

I'm not going to pick one over the other for you because it is really a personal choice. You may find the Nexus 6 to be just too darned big for convenient use or you may find the Nexus 5's screen too darned small for the things you want from a smartphone. Either way, the differences are real and you shouldn't be making your decision solely on carrier availability but first based on physical attributes and then on carrier choice.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion (and I've done this 15 times in the last year with various phones) is find a good deal on swappa for a nexus 6 and buy it. Use it for a week or two. If you don't like it, sell it again on swappa. At most you'll lose $20 or so but you'll get the opportunity to use the phone every day before making a decision. I think one time I lost $40 including shipping and swappa fee, but that was just because I was going on vacation and wanted to sell the phone asap before I left.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
You can buy on swappa or eBay or new for 499. I try most phones and in my opinion the Nexus 6 is the best phone on the market. I will say I like the size but I know that's a problem for some but if you have a note 4 it shouldn't be a problem

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Chasing vaporphones is usually a fool's errand. If you keep waiting for the next new thing, you'll be waiting forever. :)

Will Verizon carry the next Nexus? Probably. Now that they've fully blessed a Nexus phone, it's safe to say that they will continue to carry the line going forward. But at this point, we have no idea what the next Nexus will be, nevermind any specifics. Will it be a Nexus 5-sized phone from LG? A larger 5.7-6 inch phone from Huawei to replace the current Nexus 6? Will we see both? Will it blend?

Get the Nexus 6... :) Its a great phone.

ZachN3

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm skeptical that verizon will carry the new 2015 nexus phones that come out this year. I'm hoping they do but I think a big reason they decided to carry the nexus 6 was because of verizon's close relationship with motorola.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm skeptical that verizon will carry the new 2015 nexus phones that come out this year. I'm hoping they do but I think a big reason they decided to carry the nexus 6 was because of verizon's close relationship with motorola.

As long as you don't care about CDMA it shouldn't matter. If the new Nexus has the bands required to operate on Verizon it should be just a matter of transferring SIMs, like its been until recently with the Nexus 6.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm a version customer on none VZ branded nexus. Two words if VZ is not going to support the next Nexus. PROJECT FI lol

ZachN3

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
As long as you don't care about CDMA it shouldn't matter. If the new Nexus has the bands required to operate on Verizon it should be just a matter of transferring SIMs, like its been until recently with the Nexus 6.

Yeah unfortunately I am in an area where I would need to have CDMA. 4G can get spotty in a lot of areas around where I live so I would definitely need 3g. But then again who knows, google did concede with the nexus 6 and let carriers brand the phone and install small amounts of bloatware on them so maybe VZW will be more willing to carry them from now on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta