wireless charging

kingloui26

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Do you find wireless charging gimmicky as opposed to being resourceful? If so do you think we will see more devices migrating over to wireless charging?

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had two devices that have wireless charging, the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Nexus 7. I like wireless charging, since there is less stress on the USB port on the device. USB ports tend to fail after a while. Wireless charging eliminates a major source of hardware failure.

I think more devices will offer that feature in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

kingloui26

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I've had two devices that have wireless charging, the Nokia Lumia 920 and the Nexus 7. I like wireless charging, since there is less stress on the USB port on the device. USB ports tend to fail after a while. Wireless charging eliminates a major source of hardware failure.

I think more devices will offer that feature in the future.

And the time it takes to charge them wirelessly?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
And the time it takes to charge them wirelessly?

I just plop my device on the wireless charger on my desk during the day and on my nightstand when I go to bed. The time isn't a concern, since it's getting charged whenever I'm not using it.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I love my wireless charger for overnight. Also have a wireless car mount. Only use wired when on Vacation or need quick charging.

kingloui26

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I just plop my device on the wireless charger on my desk during the day and on my nightstand when I go to bed. The time isn't a concern, since it's getting charged whenever I'm not using it.

I think I'll give it a try

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I love wireless charging! I've had it on my N4, N7 (2013) and now my N6.

I really like the turbo charging feature of the N6, but I only use it if I'm in a rush, the phone is low on power and need to have a good charge before I run out the door. Otherwise, I plop my units on the Qi charger overnight.

I have the official 'orb' charger for the N4 and it still works great, even through cases on all my devices!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sam1224

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I like wireless charging, since there is less stress on the USB port on the device. USB ports tend to fail after a while. Wireless charging eliminates a major source of hardware failure.

I ended up replacing the USB port on my wifes Nexus 4 and was going to get her a wireless charger. Then I saw a lot of online reviews saying that the wireless chargers heated up the the Nexus 4 and 5 so I avoided them.

Anybody have any issues with the phone heating up dangerously or unacceptably on their wireless chargers?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I ended up replacing the USB port on my wifes Nexus 4 and was going to get her a wireless charger. Then I saw a lot of online reviews saying that the wireless chargers heated up the the Nexus 4 and 5 so I avoided them.

Anybody have any issues with the phone heating up dangerously or unacceptably on their wireless chargers?
The Qi charger isn't heating up my tablet.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

There's absolutely heat on my N6, N7, G2 and N4 but nothing at all to be concerned with.

Edit: If you're steraming/using heavily while on charger I can imagine it getting hot, but that is due to use WHILE charging. Happens with normal charging too...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I use the TyItVu wireless charger it does take longer to charge up.How long depends on how low I let battery get but on average about 2 hrs . It doesnt "heat up" to anything that would concern me around 96-98 degrees while charging wireless

Its the only phone I have had that I was able to use a wireless charger with :)

I dont use the phone while it charges wirelessly , unless its a real quick use.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had it on my S6 -- I can say it is very useful. As Laura said you can just plop it down when not using the phone so it pretty much always stays topped off.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't buy a phone without it. I have a QI charger by my bedside and mounted on the airconditioner duct in my car. The bedside one makes it easy to reach over and grab the phone without haveing to deal with a dangling wire. In the car the phone just pops into and out of the charger without having to fumble for wires.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the nexus 6 gets any warmer on a wireless charger than with a quick charger (all we have in our house).

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I used a wireless charger for a bit, but since I use a case all the time, it was a pain trying to get it perfectly situated on the pad. Plus, the phone got a bit warm while charging. I think I'll just stick to regular charging.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I used a wireless charger for a bit, but since I use a case all the time, it was a pain trying to get it perfectly situated on the pad. Plus, the phone got a bit warm while charging. I think I'll just stick to regular charging.
I've been able to use wireless charging with an Otterbox case on one of my devices. But I think the shape might be the factor. It wasn't a device with a curved back.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20