The Nexus 6 is the best android flagship phone you can buy.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Google keeps luring me in. I have tried some skinned devices and I just can't get into it. I really prefer the stock way of doing things and the bloat free experience. Plus, I feel like the Nexus 6 is much smoother than the S6 or S6 Active that I've used. I like looking at Apple, but I don't really gain anything by switching. I get a little better battery life, a little better camera, but an OS experience that I don't like. I'm a tech junkie, I'll be the first to admit it - but I'm also going to admit that I need to stick with Nexus and Android.

I've come to realize the same thing. Nexus is the way to go. It's such a good experience. All of those newer phones don't provide me with anything that the Nexus doesn't already do.

What Chromebook are you using? I've been looking for one, but haven't been able to find "the one".
What is it about iOS that you dislike? I love Android, but I'm surrounded by iPhone users and sometimes I wonder what if any benefits there might be. I really can't imagine dropping my Nexus for an iPhone in a million years. Even Samsung left a bad taste in my mouth over the past few Galaxy models - lots of quirks like overheating and reboots that I don't miss, even though they offer some great features.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
What is it about iOS that you dislike? I love Android, but I'm surrounded by iPhone users and sometimes I wonder what if any benefits there might be. I really can't imagine dropping my Nexus for an iPhone in a million years. Even Samsung left a bad taste in my mouth over the past few Galaxy models - lots of quirks like overheating and reboots that I don't miss, even though they offer some great features.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
Don't get me wrong, I do like it. Just don't like it more than Android. It's so locked down. Like I said before, I can't stand how so much stuff can only be downloaded or uploaded on wifi. They have some control over your data. You can't set anything other than Safari as your stock browser. You can't put icons wherever you want. It's still just a static row after row of icons. You have one volume control. It controls everything. You can adjust volume in media, but only while in media. If I lower my volume late at night so my phone isn't as loud, it also turns down my alarm volume. Which is bad for those times when you forget and miss your alarm and are late for work. No OS is perfect. But people act like iOS has absolutely no issue at all. Which is very far from the truth.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I do like it. Just don't like it more than Android. It's so locked down. Like I said before, I can't stand how so much stuff can only be downloaded or uploaded on wifi. They have some control over your data. You can't set anything other than Safari as your stock browser. You can't put icons wherever you want. It's still just a static row after row of icons. You have one volume control. It controls everything. You can adjust volume in media, but only while in media. If I lower my volume late at night so my phone isn't as loud, it also turns down my alarm volume. Which is bad for those times when you forget and miss your alarm and are late for work. No OS is perfect. But people act like iOS has absolutely no issue at all. Which is very far from the truth.
Thanks. Yeah, I have some familiarity with iOS, - although i didn't know about most of those issues - and I just don't get it. What I *do* know and like about the iPhone is the timely updates and the lack of carrier bloatware - sound like any other phone you know of?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site

I've owned a smartphone with every mobile OS except Symbian at one time or another and the pure Android experience on the Nexus 6 is by far the best one so far. iOS has a lot of stuff going for it from fit and finish of the apps designed for it to a lack of carrier bloat with timely updates every year. I enjoyed my iPads (1,2,3, and first mini) and my iPhones (4 and 4s) because before that I had a couple of early HTC Android devices (Hero, Evo 4G) left a bad taste in my mouth. Then came Kit Kat and the promise of Android seemed to me to be at hand. I enjoyed my HTC One M7 (except for the camera), my Nexus 5, my Note 3, and my LG G3. However, the Nexus 6 really is the best of breed for Android devices.

It may not have the best camera module out there on a phone but that Sony sensor it's packing is no slouch, especially if you can frame the picture just right with lighting. Those front facing speakers are only bettered by one other device with front facing speakers (the One M9) but they sound better than my old M7 did. I'm getting terrific battery life and not one iota of bloat and kruff to be found anywhere.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
One of the things that I wish iOS did that Android does is update the apps independent of the operating system. If you look at it in that respect, Android devices are updated way more frequently.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
One of the things that I wish iOS did that Android does is update the apps independent of the operating system. If you look at it in that respect, Android devices are updated way more frequently.

True - Google's decision a while back to put so many core apps, including the Now Launcher, on the Play Store was genius.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I am so glad the Note4 didn't drop in price while I was shopping for a new phone.
When the N6 dropped to $500 no contact, I made a quick decision and bought it.
I'm loving the clean quick smooth unbloated OS with no TouchWiz.
Great sound from the speakers and ran through my car stereo.

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've owned a smartphone with every mobile OS except Symbian at one time or another and the pure Android experience on the Nexus 6 is by far the best one so far. iOS has a lot of stuff going for it from fit and finish of the apps designed for it to a lack of carrier bloat with timely updates every year. I enjoyed my iPads (1,2,3, and first mini) and my iPhones (4 and 4s) because before that I had a couple of early HTC Android devices (Hero, Evo 4G) left a bad taste in my mouth. Then came Kit Kat and the promise of Android seemed to me to be at hand. I enjoyed my HTC One M7 (except for the camera), my Nexus 5, my Note 3, and my LG G3. However, the Nexus 6 really is the best of breed for Android devices.

It may not have the best camera module out there on a phone but that Sony sensor it's packing is no slouch, especially if you can frame the picture just right with lighting. Those front facing speakers are only bettered by one other device with front facing speakers (the One M9) but they sound better than my old M7 did. I'm getting terrific battery life and not one iota of bloat and kruff to be found anywhere.

Yeah, I've got some GREAT pictures with my Nexus. We went to the zoo and a local children's museum and I got some perfect shots of my kids. They don't look any worse than the ones from my wife's S6 edge.

And I don't mean to say that iOS is awful. I actually like it quite a bit. It just isn't as "issue free" as a lot of people try to lead us to believe.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Going back to even 5.7 inch screen is going to be tough. Love the big sized screen. Hoping the next Nexus won't shrink the size down to 5.7 :(

My Note2 that I came from feels small. :)
Seriously, I'm not having an issue with the N6 size in the slightest.

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I've got some GREAT pictures with my Nexus. We went to the zoo and a local children's museum and I got some perfect shots of my kids. They don't look any worse than the ones from my wife's S6 edge.

And I don't mean to say that iOS is awful. I actually like it quite a bit. It just isn't as "issue free" as a lot of people try to lead us to believe.
I agree with you guys that the camera is fantastic - I have zero complaints and I take a lot of low light indoor shots of my 4 year old, who doesn't stop to pose often. Better even than the Note 3 I came from.

As for iPhone users not acknowledging imperfections, Apple has such a stranglehold on the media - even major outlets like NY Times, NPR and WSJ - that it's insane. That has to affect everyone's beliefs as to what's "normal" for a phone - e.g., offering only a 4 inch screen as recently as 2014. But I do hear lots of day to day complaints from my coworkers re battery life and other bugs.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The camera is good. I haven't any complaints. When HDR+ is off, the camera focuses and takes the picture fast.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I've been on this quest to condense my tech and become more efficient with it. I went from just using the Note 4 to the iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air to my Nexus 6 and Chromebook. I think the Nexus 6 and Chromebook will win out. Between the two I have all bases covered and it is the cheaper option. I use my Nexus 6 as a smartphone and tablet. And the Chromebook for more work intensive things or if I want to consume media on a bigger screen.

I also use the Nexus 6 / Chromebook combo.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I use my Nexus 6 with a work issued windows laptop. That works great for me. The Nexus 6 is my phone and tablet and what I use 80% of the time.

Posted via the Android Central App
As long as you have the chrome browser you basically have a Chromebook on your laptop.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The other thing that Android has over iOS is integration of third party keyboards. IOS still has issues with this. But it works flawlessly on Android.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I will day this about the iPhone and iOS. What I miss the most about it are iMessage and the multitude of accessories for it. If you want to go into a store and buy Nexus 6 accessories, you are going to be very disappointed. Everywhere you go you can find iPhone accessories and there is a very large selection. Also, the ability to send and receive pictures and videos at max resolution is awesome.

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I will day this about the iPhone and iOS. What I miss the most about it are iMessage and the multitude of accessories for it. If you want to go into a store and buy Nexus 6 accessories, you are going to be very disappointed. Everywhere you go you can find iPhone accessories and there is a very large selection. Also, the ability to send and receive pictures and videos at max resolution is awesome.

IPhone does win the accessory war. But I'd rather my device be what I want then have one based on more accessories. I know you weren't saying that but I wanted to point it out. I don't like iMessage. I can't use any messaging service that isn't cross platform.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
IPhone does win the accessory war.

It sure does. It seems like I can go into any corner store and find iphone cases and charging cables. But to me, that's no reason to go with the iLife. ;) I have the patience to order my cases and accessories online and have a superior phone experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair