Advantages of 64 bit vs. 32 bit on the Nexus

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been hearing a lot about 64 bit architecture on smartphones being the future, but what are the discernable differences between the two? Would it be worth it to give up on the front speakers of the 32 bit Nexus 6, for a Nexus device that will most likely have inferior speakers later this year?

Do I upgrade to a Moto X 2015 phablet, or a Note 5 to reap any benefit that 64 bit might have?

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it is going to matter anytime soon. As long as my Nexus 6 is as fast and fluid add it is now, I'm fine. When it starts to lag, then I know it is time to get a newer Nexus. But I'm not going to jump the gun right now. The best indicator for me is the Nexus 5. That thing is still really fast. Faster than the other phones that have come out in 2015 already. So, I'm thinking that the Nexus 6 will be good for all of next year for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Not feeling the itch for 64 bit here. Let the first couple of generations deal with the hassle. Plus, I just got this phone a couple of months ago for Fi. Its everything I loved in my X but more.

Posted via the Android Central App

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I'd like to say - as far google doesn't pushing developers rewrite apps for 64bit system, so no needed to change device. Apple did this this year or last year.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk