Best tap to wake app for N6

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Why do you need tap to wake? The nexus automatically shows the clock when picked up, then just swipe to unlock the phone.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Why do you need tap to wake? The nexus automatically shows the clock when picked up, then just swipe to unlock the phone.

I have my phone sitting on my desk in front of me and I found double tap to wake is easier than picking it up and waiting for the ambient display to come on. I use the app on the Play Store - Nexus 6 Double Tap to Wake.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I have my phone sitting on my desk in front of me and I found double tap to wake is easier than picking it up and waiting for the ambient display to come on. I use the app on the Play Store - Nexus 6 Double Tap to Wake.

I went with your recommendation.

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site

It's just something that some people like. When my phone is on the desk, I can just reach over without picking it up and tap it twice to see any notifications. Plus, I turned off ambient display which won't play nice with the SiriusXM app I use a lot. The phone is constantly waking up while using the app. On top of that, it will save wear and tear on the power button because I plan on having this phone for a long time. I also use double tap to sleep (you tap the very top part of the screen twice to sleep), so my power button gets very little use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc