Best Signal Booster App?

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know what the best signal Booster App is for Android phones. Any that specifically play nice with Nexus 6/5.1.1.

Last edited:

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Best Signal Booster?

I live in the middle of nowhere in Pennsylvania, using Verizon. When it goes down, we can't any signal. The box in the garage that boosts the signal says Wilson on it, it doesn't have any other markings. I had a guy put in this special one since the one Verizon gave us for free didn't boost it enough.

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Haven't heard of an app being able to do that....
The problem is probably not software problematic at all. Only hardware (broadcasting antennas, phone antennas).
In other words, if you find an app that "boosts signal," you just wasted your money
Or it's a placebo

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know what the best signal Booster App is for Android phones. Any that specifically play nice with Nexus 6/5.1.1.

As TacoKing said, this typically isn't a software problem. While there has been issues on some phones with the radio firmware, in general, there's really only one solution to a poor signal, and that's boosting it at its source. Many carriers provide what is sometimes called microcells, or signal boosters that you hook up at your house.. they take a weak signal, run it through internal signal amplifiers and then rebroadcast a much stronger signal throughout your house.

I have an LTE booster that T-Mobile loaned me at no charge.. works great. But depends if your carrier has one and if they try to charge you for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech