My 2 weeks are up. Keeping Nexus 6 Verizon 32 GB

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
My 2 week trial period is over soon and I plan on keeping the Nexus 6. I switched phone numbers from my Iphone 6 and now use it as my daily driver. I really, really like it and it has all the features I need. The OS is a joy to work with. I have had a Galaxy S4 and an LG G2 previously along with various Iphones. This N6 is smooth and the display is gorgeous. One of the benefits is no more typing mistakes. With my large fingers, I would make a lot of mistakes on the Iphone 6. I use voice input also and it is wonderfully accurate. Battery life is excellent and I enjoy wireless charging. My previous plan was to wait and see what Apple did with the Iphone 6 plus in the fall, but now I have no interest in it. The Ambient Display is great. I got used to the larger screen very, very quickly. Yeah, you use both hands with it, but so what? If you are contemplating a larger form phone, this is the one to get.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
One of the benefits is no more typing mistakes.

Its funny.. this seems like a minor thing, but it was a major issue for me. I got big hands and fingers as well and for quite a long time, typing was frustrating. At first, it was kind of a perfect storm of frustration; small screens and 'tap tap' keyboards. Typing was slow and frustrating. Screens grew and I got introduced to the wonder world of gesture typing, and that solved a lot of my ills... A move from the S3 to the slightly larger Nexus 5.. then to the larger still G3.... and finally to the 6" screen of the Nexus 6.

I can still one-hand the Nexus 6 and swipe away with my thumb, and my finger no longer comes down on a group of 9 keys. :)

I mean, little things like that make a HUGE difference in the overall user expirience, and one I am reminded of whenever I have to fuss around with my daughter's 4.5" 1st gen Moto G.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I've never been able to get down swipe typing.
I saw a girl doing it the other day and I was amazed how fast she was.
I'm going to have to give swiping another try.

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've never been able to get down swipe typing.

Your success lives and dies on how well you touch type. I've been bashing away at a keyboard for a lot longer than I am willing to admit, so the process of typing is almost subconcious, I basically just think of a word and my fingers type away. I can visualize how to type a word, so I adjusted to gesture typing extremely quick... after using it, within a few minutes, it felt natural.

For others, it might take a little bit longer to get used to, and some just never get comfortable. But for those that do, there's that moment when it clicks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital