Smart Lock is very sporadic

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have smart lock on set for locations (work, home), devices (car), and On-body Detection.

Some days I never have to enter my passcode. Other days, like today I can't get it to unlock without a passcode no matter what I do. I was in my car, connected via bluetooth, the phone was on-body, and I was at my location (work) and it still wanted a passcode despite all 3 of my smart lock criteria being met. I locked it and tried a dozen times with 3-4 restarts and still nothing.

Anyone else have issues with smart lock?

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have smart lock on set for locations (work, home), devices (car), and On-body Detection.

Some days I never have to enter my passcode. Other days, like today I can't get it to unlock without a passcode no matter what I do. I was in my car, connected via bluetooth, the phone was on-body, and I was at my location (work) and it still wanted a passcode despite all 3 of my smart lock criteria being met. I locked it and tried a dozen times with 3-4 restarts and still nothing.

Anyone else have issues with smart lock?
I usually will take note pictures of my face with the face unlock feature. It usually works pretty decently.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've had it be a little bit spotty when it comes to the location detection. Never really bothered to look into it in a lot of detail since, if it derps, it always derps on the side of locking the screen.