Selling my Iphone 6 ?

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
In a mild quandary. I bought my Iphone 6 last September. I have had other iphones including Samsung, plus an LG G2 that I really, really liked. But with the introduction of a bigger screen, I bought the Ip6 and I even put an AirCharge wireless charging case on it. I was happy. Life was good. Then the Nexus 6 caught my eye and it is, for me, a much better phone. The whole experience of using a Nexus is a joy. I have every function that my Iphone had with a bigger screen. It's hard to explain to an "apple only" person that there exists a phone that might be better than their precious Iphone. Well, that is the case, for me. I don't use a phone with one hand, so if you are in that camp, so long. But if you want the best phone out there now, either Android or Apple, this is it. After using it full time for a couple of weeks, I have no more desire to use my Iphone. I'll probably sell it or give it to one of my relatives. If it leaves, I will still have a memory. I downloaded Zedge ringtones and when I get a text message( using Textra, love it), it rings the Iphone 6 message alert!!!

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad you like your Nexus 6. :)

I've never heard the iPhone 6 message tone, since everyone I know who has one always has it on vibrate. I have Zedge, so I'll have to check it out.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad you like your Nexus 6. :)

I've never heard the iPhone 6 message tone, since everyone I know who has one always has it on vibrate. I have Zedge, so I'll have to check it out.

The notification tone is called "Tri-Tone", and ringtone, "Marimba". :)

Posted via the Android Central App

thevacantsoul

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
In a mild quandary. I bought my Iphone 6 last September. I have had other iphones including Samsung, plus an LG G2 that I really, really liked. But with the introduction of a bigger screen, I bought the Ip6 and I even put an AirCharge wireless charging case on it. I was happy. Life was good. Then the Nexus 6 caught my eye and it is, for me, a much better phone. The whole experience of using a Nexus is a joy. I have every function that my Iphone had with a bigger screen. It's hard to explain to an "apple only" person that there exists a phone that might be better than their precious Iphone. Well, that is the case, for me. I don't use a phone with one hand, so if you are in that camp, so long. But if you want the best phone out there now, either Android or Apple, this is it. After using it full time for a couple of weeks, I have no more desire to use my Iphone. I'll probably sell it or give it to one of my relatives. If it leaves, I will still have a memory. I downloaded Zedge ringtones and when I get a text message( using Textra, love it), it rings the Iphone 6 message alert!!!

You're are where I was 6 months ago, you're just experiencing the Nexus honeymoon. Give it a little more time and the honeymoon period will end, and you will realize that Nexus is Google's beta program.

Now I hate the size of this thing and the weird bugs. I'm thinking about hopping on T-Mobile jump on demand and picking up the iPhone 6.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
You're are where I was 6 months ago, you're just experiencing the Nexus honeymoon. Give it a little more time and the honeymoon period will end, and you will realize that Nexus is Google's beta program.

Now I hate the size of this thing and the weird bugs. I'm thinking about hopping on T-Mobile jump on demand and picking up the iPhone 6.

I see nothing beta about the N6.
Best Android experience out there.

Posted on Nexus6 via the AC App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally I always keep the latest iPhone and Nexus to experience the best from both ecosystems. I do buy other yearly flagship's from Samsung, HTC, LG and Moto but normally sell them off after a month or so. Outside of nexus and iPhone I like Moto X series the best minus the camera.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

fanaticalism

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

Can't share this sentiment. I've had mine since launch and it was my first Nexus. It's the first time and a long while since I haven't been compelled to change my device. In fact, the complete opposite for me.... I have no intentions of upgrading this fall unless the Hauwei blows me away.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
OP - what's your thoughts on the camera? did you achieve better results with the Iphone 6 to the Nexus 6? I'm just curious, I used the Nexus 6 a while back, but I always felt my wife's Iphone 6 got better "point and shoot" photos.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
The Iphone 6 has a good camera but no optical image stabilization. It's so close, I call it a draw. The other features of the Nexus make it a winner for me.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone takes photos faster. And there is less blur. But overall quality of the photos I would say the Nexus 6 is better if you get a still shot in good lighting.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Update from OP: Sold my Iphone 6. No regrets.
I may pick up nexus 6 if price drops. I familiar with both android and IOS and I love both platform. IOS definitely has better app experience, but IOS is really boring.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000