Nexus 6 not switching to LTE

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I actually do have both Bluetooth and NFC active on my Nexus 6.

I always leave the Bluetooth active because I connect my phone to my car's Bluetooth hands free phone system, and I also use the Bluetooth with my Jawbone UP 24 band. So I won't be turning off the Bluetooth on my phone, but as soon as I figure out how to turn off the NFC chip, I will try that, since I don't really use the NFC system.

Although, honestly, I don't think that is the problem. As I mentioned before, I think that the problem is something to do with the Google Connective Services app preferring 3G.

Once I turn off the NFC, I'll monitor the connectivity, and I will let you all know if there is a change.

Settings -> Wireless & networks -> More... -> NFC

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I turned off the NFC, but I am still having the problem.

Again, I'm not sure if the problem is with the phone or the Sprint network.

And as I mentioned, toggling Airplane mode seems to fix the problem immediately.

grayson73

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. When I'm connected to WiFi and then leave the WiFi area, it won't connect to data at all. Airplane mode does not fix the problem but rebooting does. Any thoughts?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
If you've already verified the phone's APNs, you can always try removing and reinserting the SIM to coax the phone into resetting its data connection. The LTE Discovery app might come in handy, too, for the same reason, and because it'll give you access to location settings for your area. Could be you're stuck in some weird DMZ between two cell towers.

Just out of curiosity, what Android version/build # is your N6 running?

grayson73

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
If you've already verified the phone's APNs, you can always try removing and reinserting the SIM to coax the phone into resetting its data connection. The LTE Discovery app might come in handy, too, for the same reason, and because it'll give you access to location settings for your area. Could be you're stuck in some weird DMZ between two cell towers.

Just out of curiosity, what Android version/build # is your N6 running?

Problem started 2 days ago. Was fine for months before that.

Android version 6.0.1
Build Number MOB30O

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Problem started 2 days ago. Was fine for months before that.
Still, your carrier could be making changes in your area. I got a weird call from from someone at T-Mo the other day telling me they were doing just that.

Anything else happen 2-7 days ago? New apps? App updates? New anything?

grayson73

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Still, your carrier could be making changes in your area. I got a weird call from from someone at T-Mo the other day telling me they were doing just that.

Anything else happen 2-7 days ago? New apps? App updates? New anything?

Not that I know of. Was thinking about doing a factory reset, but would rather not if the problem will fix itself.

Ricanxd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Listen everyone, you have to call T-Mobile so they can reset the connection on their end. That's what is fixing the issue. Worked for me.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Damn, that's a lot of people for one subreddit! Are all of your phones on an MOB build? Weird that this should be happening on a build that T-Mobile's already approved and not happening on the N preview builds. Hope that fix is permanent!

grayson73

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Google engineer posted this fix. It worked for me.

Settings -> Apps -> tap three dots in upper right, Show System, scroll down to Google Connectivity Services, tap three dots in upper right, Uninstall Updates.

Then do a full power down reboot of the N6.

Ricanxd

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Only issue I'm having now is when I'm home and stay on Wi-Fi overnight. When I leave the house, I have to reboot the phone to reconnect to network internet. Way better than before when i couldn't even keep the connection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad