Stagefright Update

4dandroid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
This was just posted in the Google+ Project Fi group. Justine works for Google.

UPDATE: OTA rolling out to address Stagefright vulnerability

Hi folks,

An OTA will be available to address the Stagefright vulnerability that was surfaced last week, and you should receive this OTA in the next few days.

What is the Stagefright vulnerability?

This was a vulnerability identified in a laboratory setting on older Android devices, and as far as we know, no one has been affected. As soon as we were made aware of the vulnerability we took immediate action and sent a fix to our partners to protect users.

The roll out started Wednesday morning for Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, Nexus 9, Nexus 10, and Nexus Player.

How is Project Fi affected?

We’re rolling out an OTA since Wednesday that should be available to you in the next few days, if you haven't received it already.

If you have a Nexus 6 through Project Fi, you’ll receive OTA LVY48E; all other Nexus 6s will receive OTA LMY48I.

Both OTAs have the same effect: it will provide you an important security update for Android to provide further safeguards to make your Nexus 6 more secure. This security update will affect everyone on Nexus 6, as well as older Android devices.

You’ll be able to download and install the OTA soon, and for those interested in more background, you can read more here: https://plus.google.com/+AdrianLudwig/posts/V9bestUnUNk.

Thanks all,
Justine
Project Fi Community Manager

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Factory image is also posted it seems... I think they did that yesterday though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kupostic

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Why is my Stagefright update not installing? I'm prompted to install, I proceed but then it stops midstream showing a red rectangle superimposed on a fallen Android icon with the message "error". The prompt to install is constantly brought back however. I have therefore attempted installing at least 15 times with same result. I've had to hold down the power button for phone to reboot and work again on each occasion. Bought the phone 5 or 6 weeks ago. Ironically, it was able to instantly update from Lollipop 5.0 to 5.1 at set-up. Pray, what may have gone wrong? How can I resolve this. I have tried switching on OED unlocking & USB debugging in Developer options as well as allowed "unknown sources" in security but all to no avail.

O ye good people, kindly help. My version is International and I reside in Ireland

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Why is my Stagefright update not installing? I'm prompted to install, I proceed but then it stops midstream showing a red rectangle superimposed on a fallen Android icon with the message "error". The prompt to install is constantly brought back however. I have therefore attempted installing at least 15 times with same result. I've had to hold down the power button for phone to reboot and work again on each occasion. Bought the phone 5 or 6 weeks ago. Ironically, it was able to instantly update from Lollipop 5.0 to 5.1 at set-up. Pray, what may have gone wrong? How can I resolve this. I have tried switching on OED unlocking & USB debugging in Developer options as well as allowed "unknown sources" in security but all to no avail.

O ye good people, kindly help. My version is International and I reside in Ireland

Have you rooted the phone ? That would be my first question to you.

If so then the OTA StageFright update won't install , you need to be stock.

Also Switching on OED unlocking & USB debugging in Developer options and allowing "unknown sources" in security won't help install the OTA just so you are aware.

Heydar

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem , I've called Google they advised to do factory reset, if doesn't help call to Motorola. I did factory reset and it didn't help, called to Motorola after 10 calls someone picked up the phone and told that need to send phone to them to be fixed and it can take 5-10 working days.