Why has the music on my Nexus 6 become invisible to other devices?

A

AC Question

My music on my Nexus 6 has become invisible to other devices

Not sure what I have done. I want to upload 29 gigs worth of music to my WIN PC, but file manager doesn't see all of the music. only 389+ mg. Check properties on 64gig Nexus through Explorer and it shows all the gigs, but not the existence of the music. The Nexus has no issues and plays everything, sees all music and no other files have been affected......I must have changed the properties on the phone that recognizes the music as music. Seems I remember something about photo files versus music and then I noticed the visual absence.......

lakotahope

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: My music on my Nexus 6 has become invisible to other devices

I wanted to take ownership of this question, I had posted without having logged in first......Does anyone have a clue as to what I have changed that
my music is not be recognized by devices outside of my Nexus 6.....I switched from MTP to Camera setting and back....no joy

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Where did the music originate from?
DRM comes to mind.

lakotahope

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Music came from my S2 and the PCs....Never had something challenge that . No DRM isn't the answer here as this music was viewable thru file manager on Windows prior to this problem....I think something happened in regards to recognizing MTP for some file and choosing the Camera option to transfer the other "camera" files....My phone was never affected as far as it was concerned...All things worked and it saw all files as they were supposed to be......Anyway, I was able to selectively bulk download individual songs through my RAVPower to Micro SD....Just couldn't choose folders in any category.....I performed a factory refresh and all looks ok so far....I synced the PC and the phone, so I have recognition from both parties currently.....thanks for responding.....

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site

For some reason this happened to me today as well. All was fine after a reboot, but still, it was odd that it showed it was playing music, but there was nothing there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC