Why don't my Nexus 6 files being recognized as what they are in WIN 10?

lakotahope

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 6 files Not Recognized as what they are in WIN 10

After plugging in Nexus 6, it shows up in File Explorer as usual. However, the items listed for my Nexus6 do not allow me to access them, nor do they show the correct size in the properties for each Folder. All of the folder icons are generic and all are treated the same....this started after I wanted to transfer 29gigs of music from the N6 to the PC and only 3 groups showed up in file manager.....The music files didn't show up from other devices either....Clicked on MTP settings and the N6 stops being recognized when this is unchecked.....It seems there was an issue a week ago about differentiating audio files from the camera file types, that is when file manager only showed 3 music folders and nothing else

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 6 files Not Recognized as what they are in WIN 10

We're assuming you have all the necessary Google/Nexus 6 drivers installed?

5point0

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

I found that I was able to access all files only when I had unlocked the phone (entered my pin code).

Posted via the Android Central App

lakotahope

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Yes, all is up to date TMobile N6. I know I probably did something when I was trying to transfer audio files, but I don't remember exactly. There was some issue as to what could be seen, er, audio or picture files...The N6 is working fine and doesn't know Windows and my RAVPower can't see the music files.

lakotahope

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Thinking of going Factory Reset, but I have about 5 gig of music, that doesn't exist on my other devices...can't copy it anywhere, and I can't figure out how to upload music from my N6 to Googles Music Player.

zerrisk

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Bump, Nexus isn't showing in my Explorer after my Win10 update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12