How can I fix a weird Nexus 6 battery issue?

A

AC Question

Weird nexus 6 battery issue

Hello,

This is really weird. My phone will charge and the percentage will go up but as soon as I unplug it, it drops down to 1% and says low battery. The kicker is though, I've used the stupid thing all day no problem. Now if I could just remove the battery and put it back I'm sure it would help. Also I've tried a factory reset, cleared my cache and tried the boot logger (I think it's called) but I can't get the battery percentage to read right. Any one have any insight to this ¿ even now still says 1% and I've been listening to music, went for a rib using location, watched a show and even played some asphalt 8 just to try everything.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Weird nexus 6 battery issue

Hello,

This is really weird. My phone will charge and the percentage will go up but as soon as I unplug it, it drops down to 1% and says low battery. The kicker is though, I've used the stupid thing all day no problem. Now if I could just remove the battery and put it back I'm sure it would help. Also I've tried a factory reset, cleared my cache and tried the boot logger (I think it's called) but I can't get the battery percentage to read right. Any one have any insight to this ¿ even now still says 1% and I've been listening to music, went for a rib using location, watched a show and even played some asphalt 8 just to try everything.

Sounds like a faulty device tbh - I would look at contacting wherever you bought the phone from and getting a new one - or call Google Support and see if they can provide you with a replacement

Cobra 174

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

As an update I turned off the phone and let charge all night. It started off saying it had 100% then jumped around. It's like the soft ware isn't reading the battery life right, but it's a slight improvement. The phone runs fine, so it's just a little strange.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like a calibration issue. Fully charge it, then let it run down to where it shuts its self off, then plug it in while its off. Once it shows fully charged power it on while still plugged in. Leave it plugged in about 15 to 20 minutes longer then use normally. This process should calibrate it properly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800