Is it possible to sync Contacts if they weren't initially?

JohnB352

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I chose not sync my phone Contacts with gmail when I setup my phone. Is it possible to now sync them? If I enable sync in settings for the Google account, nothing happens. My phone Contacts don't sync with my gmail account.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Head into your contacts app, find settings and you should see an option such as move contacts to, and choose which account you want to use to sync your contacts with.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I chose not sync my phone Contacts with gmail when I setup my phone. Is it possible to now sync them? If I enable sync in settings for the Google account, nothing happens. My phone Contacts don't sync with my gmail account.
Try this...

Go to...

Settings>>>Accounts>>>Google

Then tap your account {email}@gmail.com

Then tap Contacts in the list, and the contacts on your phone should sync with your Google contact and vice-versa.

JohnB352

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Head into your contacts app, find settings and you should see an option such as move contacts to, and choose which account you want to use to sync your contacts with.

On my Nexus 6 I don't have that setting in the Contacts app.
I have:
Call history
Import/Export
New Contact
Settings
And in Settings there isn't anything for sync

JohnB352

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
>>Then tap Contacts in the list, and the contacts on your phone should sync with your Google contact and vice-versa

Yeah, I think that is the root of the problem.
Contacts is already enabled there. I also tried to turn it off, in Google Contact sync settings, restarting and re-enabling it. But that doesn't work either.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I really it would have the same thing, I have the S6 and I do have that option. I remember that when my mom had the original Moto X I had to go through each contact one by one and move it to the Google account. I'm not sure if that's still the case. Sorry I couldn't help.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

JohnB352

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I really it would have the same thing, I have the S6 and I do have that option. I remember that when my mom had the original Moto X I had to go through each contact one by one and move it to the Google account. I'm not sure if that's still the case. Sorry I couldn't help.

I've decided I'm just going to back everything up and do a factory reset. And choose to sync Contacts with gmail during setup.
But thanks for the suggestions.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I've decided I'm just going to back everything up and do a factory reset. And choose to sync Contacts with gmail during setup.
But thanks for the suggestions.
Things like this make wish that phones would the option that Windows has for PCs of been able to restore your device without losing your files.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Things like this make wish that phones would the option that Windows has for PCs of been able to restore your device without losing your files.

That's part of the reason I like custom roms. I can wipe my device and start fresh with a new rom without losing any personal stuff.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I guess but some of us just either don't like doing that or don't know how to do it so we stay from it. And then there are those of us that prefer to play it safe.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I guess but some of us just either don't like doing that or don't know how to do it so we stay from it. And then there are those of us that prefer to play it safe.

It's actually real easy as long as you follow directions. Even if you bricked it, (which is very unlikely) it is easily recoverable. Nexus phones are notoriously easy to modify.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
From my expierence to manage contact better use Microsoft Exchange. It works everywere. For couple times I use google as service to sync contacts, mail, calendar & tasks. It was mess. Some contacts been double, some lost. Sorry google, I don't trust and I don't want to use any more.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
All that work for nothing. Reset the sob, and I still can't sync my contacts with gmail. What a joke.
That's not good. Google has to make it easier to backup contacts to Gmail account after they've been saved to device. I'm sure there has to be a way. If only I had a Nexus device I'd find the solution.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
That's one of the reasons I use an OEM instead of stock Android. It makes some things simpler and easier to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante