T-Mobile update

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just wait, unless you want to root for the sake of a security update.

I haven't gotten the update yet either, but I'm not too surprised since it was a full week after T-Mobile's announcement about the stagefright fix before I got the notification that an update was available for my phone.

Last edited:

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
If you haven't already, try going to:
Settings > About phone > System updates > Check for updates (lower right corner). Sometimes that will trip the update. When the update is done, you should be on Build number LYZ28K.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Since it is rolled out in waves, it is possible that the rollout did, in fact, start on the day they posted on their official pages. I know 2 people at my office that got it the day after T-Mo posted about the LYZ28K build on their website.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I got mine about 6PM last evening. It automatically downloaded and asked me to restart to install. I never received a notification that I could download it or that it was downloading. Just the one to restart and install.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Since it is rolled out in waves, it is possible that the rollout did, in fact, start on the day they posted on their official pages. I know 2 people at my office that got it the day after T-Mo posted about the LYZ28K build on their website.

Also good to know. Next time, though, get those lucky skunks to post a screenshot here.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Also good to know. Next time, though, get those lucky skunks to post a screenshot here.

If they were rooted, I'd have asked them to get the OTA URL - didn't think a screen print helps much (besides making other folks jealous) lol!

I finally got the OTA notification the day the factory images were posted. I pulled the OTA URL, in case others needed it - takes from LYZ28J to LYZ28K.
I'm rooted, so I don't use OTA.

https://android.googleapis.com/pack....signed-shamu-LYZ28K-from-LYZ28J.2888e222.zip

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wait, unless you want to root for the sake of a security update.

I haven't gotten the update yet either, but I'm not too surprised since it was a full week after T-Mobile's announcement about the stagefright fix before I got the notification that an update was available for my phone.

You don't have to root to get latest update. That's the great thing about nexus. He can flash it, although he'll need to follow certain steps and it will erase his contents. He's better off waitinglike you said.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome