Verizon Update - How do I do this?

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Your friendly neighborhood "geezer" needs your guidance once again.

As discussed in a prior thread, my Verizon N6 received a system update a few days ago. I have tried, without success, to install this update several times.

Each time, my N6 reboots. I then get the dreaded little green man underneath whom is the legend "Error!" I hold down the power button and the phone does reboot to my home screen with no difficulty. However, the update has not been installed and it shows up as a new download several hours later.

My phone is rooted. However, updates for all other applications download and install without problems. And the device is working properly.

Thank you for any guidance. Now it's time for my morning Geritol . . .

Fred

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Pretty sure you can not take an update when rooted. You can probably flash it manually.

Posted via the Android Central App

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
What method did you use to root? I would just use that but download the updated version of Android

Posted via the Android Central App

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Your friendly neighborhood "geezer" needs your guidance once again.

As discussed in a prior thread, my Verizon N6 received a system update a few days ago. I have tried, without success, to install this update several times.

Each time, my N6 reboots. I then get the dreaded little green man underneath whom is the legend "Error!" I hold down the power button and the phone does reboot to my home screen with no difficulty. However, the update has not been installed and it shows up as a new download several hours later.

My phone is rooted. However, updates for all other applications download and install without problems. And the device is working properly.

Thank you for any guidance. Now it's time for my morning Geritol . . .

Fred
Do you have a custom recovery like TWRP installed on your phone? Are you running Windows or Mac? Do you have ADB and/or Fastboot installed?

tonestert

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't now if I can post a link from another forum or not so I won't but there is a tread on XDA under Nexus 6 about getting updates on a rooted Nexus 6.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately you cannot apply an OTA update if the device is rooted. If just the bootloader is unlocked then yes, but not if rooted. You can use NRT to sideload the OTA but you still need to have stock unmodified OS on the phone.