email app?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Apparently the Nexus doesn't have a default email app, it just links right to Gmail.

I like to use my Gmail app just for my Gmail accounts, but I like to have a separate app for my Live.com account and school email account.

Outlooks app sucks, any suggestions? Previously I used Motorola's and Samsung's default clients

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm...I like having everything in one place - faster and simpler that way to me. But whatever works for you.

Gmail is now the default email app.

Try K-9, Maildroid, or my favorite, AquaMail. Simple search in the Play store will find them.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried K9, and yes this is dumb, but I didn't like their dog icon.

Also found their settings confusing.

Maildroid was good, but you can't remove their signature without the pro version.

Currently trying Mailwise, which has the cool feature that you can delete a new mail from Android Wear.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site
My fav is Nine. Works with most of services. I'm using with Microsoft Exchange. Regular updates. Fast bugfixes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am liking Nine a lot. Definitely gonna pay for the full version. I like the way it sorts emails like text messages and I like the Android Wear integration. It is nice being able to delete an email right from my Moto 360

all_bran

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone for business. I tried AquaMail and loved it so much I paid for the full version. Love it even more.

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I synced my exchange work account with the gmail app and it works great...I have one home screen with the top half covered by my personal gmail widget, and the bottom half covered with my work email (gmail) widget, love the set up!!!

Nexus 6 - Pebble Time Steel

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I just tried Aqua Mail and it is super cool too. Tough decision

The difference maker between AquaMail and Nine for me was AquaMail handles imbedded tables (pasted spreadsheets) far better than Nine does. Otherwise they are both fantastic I found.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The difference maker between AquaMail and Nine for me was AquaMail handles imbedded tables (pasted spreadsheets) far better than Nine does. Otherwise they are both fantastic I found.

I like Nine's way of grouping emails, like I said, looks like a text message.

But Aqua Mail seems to display the actual emails better. I think it handled email better than the Gmail or Outlook app. Even emails with multiple fonts and images, it formats them very nicely in a readable way.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I like Nine's way of grouping emails, like I said, looks like a text message.

But Aqua Mail seems to display the actual emails better. I think it handled email better than the Gmail or Outlook app. Even emails with multiple fonts and images, it formats them very nicely in a readable way.
The conversation view you like in Nine is under heavy development as an optional view in AquaMail right now. I don't know when it will be released, but it shouldn't be too long..

Kwjmac

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I used to use K9 mail but about a year ago I changed to K-@ mail. I like the combo inbox and a lot of the features it has. A bit more friendly than K9 in my opinion

RedStickHam

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
K-9 Mail ! Excellent !

I like the K9 mail interface, but I had some issues with it involving attachments. I have a security camera on my porch that emails me a picture whenever it detects motion. When I tried to look at the Email in K9 mail, it would sometimes show me the wrong attachment, sometimes one from months before. I couldn't figure this out so I switched back to the Samsung default client. It's not perfect, but I do see the right attachment.

Still looking for a good Email client.