Switching from iPhone 6 and iMessage

SceneThat

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. I'm an iPhone 6 user who has been readying these forums for a while. Have always been curious about Android and recently bought an Amazon Nexus 6. Haven't had time to play with it so it's still in the box. Primarily bought it for the gigantic screen and the whole Nexus updating thing. I do realize that the new Nexus phones will be announced tomorrow, but I figured if the Nexus 5X is a reasonable price I will eventually get one of those. My current plan is to switch to the N6 but keep the iPhone 6 for a while in case I don't care for Android, or just want to switch back for the fun of it.

My question is regarding iMessage. Most of my friends are iPhone users and use iMessage. I know that I can't use iMessage on Android, (the horror of being green!) but I'm wondering if I can deactivate my phone number on iCloud/iMessage when I'm using the N6 and then reactivate it when/if I want to return to the iPhone. Any help with this (or any other switching stuff) is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JD

SceneThat

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Cruiz1022. Good to know I can do it like that. I thought i read somewhere that once you deactivated the number associated with your iCloud account and associated it with a non iPhone account, that you couldn't go back to iPhone with that same number. Seemed odd, but thought I'd check here first. Thanks again.