Android M OTA update

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Uh, guys, this was posted today: On Nexus 6 Marshmallow factory images and Project Fi | Android Central

Not to mention we know the M preview already has WIFI calling built in and works perfectly fine.

Uh, yeah, I read Hildenbrand's article after I posted my reply. Did you read it? Here's the last paragraph:

"Our advice right now is to hold off on your manual updating via factory image until we get an official word from the Nexus team. That is, unless you're comfortable with flashing and wiping and flashing again. It looks like things are working well, but looks can be deceiving."

ProBird79

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Uh, yeah, I read Hildenbrand's article after I posted my reply. Did you read it? Here's the last paragraph:

"Our advice right now is to hold off on your manual updating via factory image until we get an official word from the Nexus team. That is, unless you're comfortable with flashing and wiping and flashing again. It looks like things are working well, but looks can be deceiving."
I took that quote in reference to Project Fi. It seems no one has had issues with the M preview on Tmo with WiFi calling so I assume as the article stated that "word is that there will be one unified software build for all models of the Nexus 6."

Tmo is also showing the software version is the same as the factory image:
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-18109

Last edited:

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
This is a Good Thing. The more phones can get standardized, unified builds the better things are all-around. Get the carriers out of the update process as much as possible.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
They've been saying there would only be one 6.0 build on the Project Fi G+ page for a while now. We'll see what happens, but for now I'm inclined to take them at their word.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes